All electrical appliances suffer from wear and tear over time and, given their frequency of usage in school environments, the speed at which they deteriorate can be enhanced.
As a school leader, you are responsible for keeping on top of your electrical equipment and installations to ensure they are fit for purpose, not susceptible to malfunction, and not putting anyone at risk.
With so much to keep on top of already though, we know making electrical safety a priority can be challenging, which is where Citation’s team of experts come in. Their accredited professionals ensure you are meeting your legal requirements and proactively protecting your school, pupils and employees from harm’s way.
Fixed Wire Testing
Citation’s expert engineers will:
- Visit your school’s site(s) and inspect the condition of your electrics
- Provide a comprehensive report with recommendations specific to your school
- Carry out tests in-line with the Institute of Electrical Engineers Wiring Regulations (BS7671)
- Identify electric shock risks, overloaded circuits and fire hazards.
Learn more about Fixed Wire Testing.
One of Citation’s experienced testers will visit your site(s) and:
- Check all your school’s portable electrical appliances – from toasters in the staffroom to computers and printers in your classrooms
- Ensure each item is individually labelled and accounted for
- Check every appliance has a safe connection back to its socket.
Learn more about PAT Testing.
Why choose Citation?
- Citation’s team consists of NICEIC accredited engineers, so you can be confident your school is in safe hands
- Demonstrate compliance – Citation will issue you with relevant certification
- Value for money – Citation will match like-for-like quotes, with no call out or travel charges
- Transparent pricing model – their cost is based on the size of your school, so you are not required to spend time counting all your devices
- Around-the-clock support and 24/7 access to Citation’s expert engineers to help with anything from emergency issues to last minute guidance on day-to-day tasks
- Citation’s engineers are CRB checked and safe to work in your school.