A wonderful opportunity to be part of our happy, creative and collaborative learning community
YEAR 1 CLASS TEACHER/S REQUIRED – MATERNITY COVER FROM MARCH 2020
• Working Monday - Wednesday (3 days per week)
The Spinney is a happy and welcoming Group 2 village school in Cherry Hinton on the South East outskirts of Cambridge, age range 4 – 11.
“Working at The Spinney Primary School is an absolute joy. My colleagues, our volunteers and the parents are extremely dedicated, supportive and welcoming, and this creates a wonderful and warm learning environment for children and adults alike.” Spinney Class Teacher
The Spinney is an outstanding school where the children thrive in both their academic and personal development.” “The children’s positive behaviour is exceptional” OFSTED
We wish to appoint dynamic, creative and outstanding practitioner/s with Key Stage 1 experience from March 2020, to teach our friendly and hardworking Year 1 children, and be part of our welcoming and talented team. The successful applicant will have high expectations of themselves and their pupils, be committed to securing high standards in their own and the children’s learning, will be creative and conscientious, an effective communicator and able to work well with others.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about teaching and learning, curriculum, culture and pedagogy and can work successfully as part of a strong, dedicated and dynamic team of children, educators, parents/carers and the community.
• Has a commitment to securing excellent learning outcomes and opportunities for children.
• Is conscientious, creative, flexible and optimistic!
• Will take an active part in the life of the school and contribute to the rich academic and creative curriculum we offer that develops the whole child.
• Is an innovative, creative and research-focused practitioner who is thoughtful about proven strategies as well as open minded to new ideas.
• Is committed to creating caring, beautiful learning environments that promote prosocial skills, positive well-being, kindness and enthusiasm.
We can offer you;
• A forward looking, outward reaching school with great opportunities to learn alongside others and share good practice
• The opportunity to work in and contribute to the ongoing success of a dynamic and outstanding school.
• A friendly, supportive team of children, parents, colleagues and governors
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a National Teaching School – The Kite Teaching School Alliance with a range of partners from across the vibrant city of Cambridge and beyond.
Please read the school’s website to find out more about our vision and values and consider how you could make a positive contribution to The Spinney. Visits to the school to meet the children, the staff and Rachel Snape Headteacher are positively encouraged, we guarantee a warm welcome!
Come and visit us in the first instance for a tour of the school and an informal chat! We guarantee a warm welcome!
Please contact Sarah Jelliman – The School Business Manager the school office to make an appointment 01223 568836. We look forward to meeting you.
Application forms and further details are available from the school office or from our website.
Closing Date: Friday 24th January 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 29th January 2020
The Spinney is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well- being of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
School website: http://www.spinney.cambs.sch.uk