PRIORY PARK INFANT SCHOOL & PLAYGROUP- Almond Road, St Neots
Caretaker (with cleaning duties)
This is a permanent position. Salary scale 1C, Level 2, £8.62 per hour; 20 hours per week, term time only plus 2 weeks holiday work during the summer. Additional overtime will be available when necessary.
Priory Park Infant School & Playgroup is a successful and very happy school where everyone is committed to ensuring that all children thrive on positive learning experiences.
The school/Playgroup is looking to appoint a trustworthy, enthusiastic, reliable, hardworking and dedicated Caretaker to join our team from January 2019
The role will require you to become an integral part of our school community as you will be required to work alongside our friendly team whilst undertaking caretaking and cleaning duties to ensure that our site is a safe and well maintained environment for our pupils.
We are looking for someone who can take care of all the little jobs that need doing each week and who is dedicated to making a difference to the wellbeing of all staff and pupils.
We are looking for someone who:
• Puts the children’s well-being at the forefront of everything they do
• Has the ability to carry out general maintenance jobs and basic DIY
• Is able to manage their time and work effectively in a busy environment
• Is able to use their own initiative
• Can be flexible and provide access to the building and grounds to authorised persons at all reasonable times.
• Understands the need for confidentiality & security, including the importance of safeguarding pupils at all times.
• Is professional and good at communicating and uses these skills well to liaise with others
• Has high standards in their work, is self-motivated and flexible.
• Can ensure that the school meets health and safety requirements.
• Is able to complete cleaning work. A knowledge of COSHH would be advantageous but is not essential as training can be provided.
• Is friendly and able to maintain positive working relationships within our school community.
We can offer you:
• Flexible hours, to be discussed and agreed
• A friendly passionate staff team who are dedicated to the school and the children
• A happy, inclusive school & Playgroup with wonderful children who are polite and keen to learn
• Additional high quality support and training as necessary, linked to annual appraisals
• A highly regarded local school & Playgroup which has a strong and positive ethos with close links to the local community
Visits to our school & Playgroup are very welcome – we would love to meet you!
Further details (including job description and person specification) and application forms are available from the school website; www.priorypark.org . Please email completed applications or questions regarding the position to email@example.com (please note- enquiries about the post and opportunities to visit the settings will be available during December 2018).
Our school & Playgroup are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance. The school is an equal opportunities employer and employs suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Closing date: Friday 14th December 2018
Interview Date: Friday 4th January 2019
School website: http://park.cambs.sch.uk