Salary: Grade 3, Spine Point 12, Hourly Rate of £8.90
Job Term: 30 hours per week, 7am to 10am, 4:15pm to 7:15pm, Monday
to Friday, 38 weeks per year plus 180 hours during the school
holidays (shifts could be discussed).
Appointment: Permanent, with probationary period
Place of work: St Louis Catholic Academy, Fordham Road, Newmarket, CB8
Start date: As soon as possible
We wish to appoint a Site Caretaker to join an established team of premises staff. We are looking for someone who:
• is able to undertake physical work including:
o operating floor buffing machines;
o moving equipment and furniture;
o gardening (grass cutting, tree/bush maintenance, weeding etc);
o building maintenance tasks;
• is reliable and punctual;
• will lock and unlock the school each day and carry out security checks on
• is aware of Health & Safety requirements and standards;
• has some knowledge of the building/maintenance trade.
• can work on own initiative;
• pays attention to detail;
• is a good team player;
• has effective IT skills;
• will uphold the Catholic ethos of the school;
• can be flexible to undertake additional hours if required.
St Louis Catholic Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its care and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS before they can be appointed. We are part of Our Lady of Walsingham CMAT, a growing Multi-Academy Trust and there will be the possibility for the right candidate to progress further within the Multi-Academy Trust. Visits to the school are welcome and positively encouraged.
To arrange a visit, to request an application pack or to discuss the position further, please contact Antoinette Jones, St Louis Catholic Academy, Fordham Road, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 7AA, Tel: 01638 662719 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, further information and can be found on our website: http://www.stlouisacademy.co.uk.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 8th January 2019