For January 2019
Part time, temporary teacher
The Governors and Headteacher of this happy and successful school wish to appoint a skilled, flexible and creative teacher to join our talented, supportive and dedicated teaching team.
The post is temporary (for the Spring term) and we are able to be very flexible in terms of the percentage of part time commitment and timetabled days in school for the right candidate. This role is to work in a small class in Year 5s teaching daily English and Maths as part of a team of experienced teachers and teaching support staff. The flexibility of this vacancy means it might be particularly suitable for a teacher seeking class based experience after a period out of the classroom following a career break or returning from maternity leave.
Applications are welcomed from effective and experienced teachers who are:
• Practising Catholics or supportive of the school’s Catholic Christian ethos.
• Excellent classroom practitioners with high expectations and a clear understanding of high quality teaching and learning
• Highly motivated with a commitment to the achievement and wellbeing of all children in their care
• Strong team members, eager to contribute to existing good practice within the school as a whole
• An inclusive ethos where our Catholic Christian values are at the heart of all that we seek to do
• A welcoming and friendly atmosphere with supportive colleagues, parents and governing body
• A commitment to high quality, personalised professional development
• Motivated, happy and very well behaved children
Visits to the school are encouraged. Please come and see us at work and meet our wonderful children or have a look at our website http://www.stlaurence.cambs.sch.uk/
For further details, to discuss the post or for an application form please contact the school office on 01223 712227 or email@example.com or look on our website.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 13th December (noon).
Interviews are scheduled for Monday 17th December 2018.
St. Laurence School is an Equal Opportunities Employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
References will be taken prior to any offer of employment. Appointment to these posts is subject to a satisfactory DBS check. Candidates will also be asked to provide proof of qualifications on appointment, and the successful candidates will be required to sign the CES contract.
School website: http://stlaurence.cambs.sch.uk