Ken Stimpson Community School
Teacher of Nurture (January 2019)
Dates: Apply by 9am on Wednesday December 12 2018. Job to start January 2019
Salary: MPS/UPS (TLR for suitable candidate)
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Set up over three years ago, the school’s nurture provision has been highly successful in ensuring students with low literacy and/or numeracy skills or self-esteem. We are now ready to expand the provision and the successful candidate will be working alongside a small team of highly committed staff dedicated to the students in their care.
Experience of teaching within the primary key stage 2 phase (years 5 and 6) would be beneficial, however experience of dealing with students with low literacy and numeracy skills is essential. The role offers an opportunity for the successful candidate to train as a SENCO Practitioner or TLR offered for a qualified SENCO.
The school is rated by Ofsted as good; the following was commented upon in the last inspection in April 2016:
“The school is committed to inclusion and equal opportunity for all. A small number of pupils who join the school in Year 7 find the transition from primary to secondary school difficult. These pupils are taught as a small group in the school’s learning centre. They follow a timetable, which is a mix of primary and secondary school practice, as they are taught English, mathematics and humanities by one teacher and go to specialist areas for subjects such as science, art and physical education. These pupils thrive in this environment and as soon as they have made sufficient academic progress or have the confidence to continue unassisted, they move on to join their peers.”
• Experience of working with students working well below secondary ability on entry or socially, emotionally vulnerable is essential. Experience of working at primary level (key stage 2 phase) would be an advantage
• A qualified Primary/Secondary School Teacher
• Extensive experience of Key Stage 3; Key stage 2 desirable
• Evidence of excellent classroom practice – good and outstanding practice only
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of the strategies necessary to engage students and ensure that they progress with Literacy and Numeracy
• High expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
• Evidence of ability to enthuse and motivate pupils
• Good organisation, literacy, mathematical and communication skills
Ken Stimpson Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
• For application details and an application form, please visit the ‘Current Vacancies’ page at www.kscs.org.uk/vacancies
• If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Bryan Erwin (Principal) email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please return completed applications to Pauline Greenwood at email@example.com by 9am on Wednesday 12 December 2018.
School website: http://kscs.org.uk