Thrapston Primary School requires a full time class teacher in Year 4 to cover maternity leave for up to 52 weeks, starting in February 2019.
You will be working within an established team of staff in our three form entry school.
We would welcome applications from teachers at any stage in their career.
The successful candidate will first and foremost have a love for children and a desire to see every child reach their potential both academically and socially. We celebrate success and stretch children to amaze themselves at what they are able to achieve within a caring and nurturing environment, staying consistent with our School Values.
As well as this ethos, the successful candidate will also be expected to:
• Plan, prepare for and teach their class in line with statutory requirements and the school‛s schemes of work, ensuring teaching of the highest standard.
• Create a stimulating, organised, interactive and informative learning environment that encourages each child to achieve their potential.
• Engage in enquiry-based learning as part of the school‛s approach to strategic improvement in order to maintain and develop a teaching and learning environment of the highest standard.
• Ensure the individual needs of the pupils are met through differentiated work, allowing for the highest standards to be achieved by all.
• Be committed to continuous professional development, with a desire to learn from others in school and other educational establishments.
• Work very closely with other members of the Year Group, and the wider school community, to ensure that the education and needs of our children always come first.
Our children deserve nothing less than the very best. If you feel able to offer this, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please be aware that Thrapston Primary School will implement a rigorous and robust recruitment process and has proactive safeguarding procedures in place. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and requires all staff and volunteers to demonstrate this commitment in every aspect of their work. An enhanced DBS check (previously CRB) will be required for this post. Any job offer is subject to satisfactory references and safeguarding checks being obtained.
Visits to the School are strongly advised. To make an appointment please contact our main office on 01832 732512. Application packs can be downloaded from our website www.thrapston-primary.northants.sch.uk Please contact our HR Administrator at Sboyall@thrapston.net for general information. Applications must be submitted using our application form - please do not submit CVs.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms: 12th December 2018.
Candidates who are successful in obtaining an interview for these posts will be contacted by email or telephone, with interviews taking place week commencing 17th December 2018.
School website: http://thrapston.northants-ecl.gov.uk