EYFS Teaching Assistant
To start ASAP
31.75 hours per week (term time only)
Salary Grade 6 point 18-22 (£13451 - £15023)
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced EYFS teaching assistant to join our dedicated Reception Team. The successful candidate will be required to develop excellent relationships with all pupils, staff and children whilst ensuring the delivery of the highest care and education. We are ideally looking for an experienced practitioner who is flexible, adaptable and able to show high levels of initiative. Knowledge of the EYFS curriculum is desirable but, more importantly, we are seeking an individual who is keen and quick to learn and who is an excellent team player. The candidate must have a real desire to raise standards of all children who they work with.
The school highly values its community and the achievement of children is as important as their personal, spiritual, social, moral and emotional development.
Successful Teaching Assistant will:
• Have experience of working within EYFS Phase and the ability to demonstrate an excellent knowledge and understanding of the EYFS framework and setting.
• To work within the EYFS staff team to ensure that EYFS and school policies and procedures are followed and implemented at all times.
• Support children with a variety of SEND requirements both within a class setting and small groups
• Be a role model for pupils and colleagues in terms of professional behaviour and attitudes.
• Have high expectations of all pupils
• Well-organised and able to appreciate that there is a multi-role aspect to this post which will require excellent flexibility and adaptability
• Able to work independently, showing initiative and managing their own time effectively
• Calm and collected with a good sense of humour
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic
• Able to monitor, evaluate and record pupil progress with guidance from senior leaders
• Willing to contribute to the wider life of the school
• Be involved with classroom support being able to show effective provision to our children
The children are looking for a teaching assistant who:
• Helps them
• Listens to them.
• Makes learning interesting and fun.
• Is happy and smiles a lot.
• Supports them in becoming resilient, reflective, confident learner.
We can offer:
• A friendly working environment.
• Opportunities to work collaboratively with other schools.
• An excellent leadership team to support and guide.
• Strong and supportive leadership from our EYFS year leader
• A friendly, dynamic and supportive team who are dedicated to providing an exciting and enriching learning experience
• Happy children who enjoy learning
Closing date: Wednesday 2nd January 2019 at midday.
Interview date: Friday 4th January 2019
An application pack can be downloaded from the Vacancies section on our website (www.stjohnschurchschool.co.uk)
At St. Johns we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and two satisfactory references.
School website: http://www.stjohnschurchschool.co.uk