Spalding Parish Church of England Day School
Clay Lake, Spalding. Lincolnshire. PE11 2QG
Tel: 01775 722333 Fax: 01775 712983
Follow us on Twitter: @SPCEDS
Acting Head Teacher: Diane Mulley
1-1 Teaching Assistant Job Vacancy
GLPC 3 Point 6 (10 hours each week 2 hours each morning)
To provide enhanced provision for an EHCP pupil with communication and interaction needs
in Foundation Stage
This is a temporary position, depending on the needs of the child changing or the child leaving the school.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic 1:1 Teaching Assistant Level 1 to join our busy school from
January 2019 or soon after.
• You should have experience of working with children with additional needs and be able to adapt the curriculum under the guidance of the class teacher and the SENCo and deliver individual programmes of support.
• You should be creative and caring with a commitment to quality educational provision.
• A good standard of spoken and written English and Maths is essential, along with lots of enthusiasm.
• There will be plenty of opportunities for professional development and the chance to build a wide range of skills in classroom pedagogy, supporting individual children's learning and their all-round development.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
• Provide support for the child’s additional needs and follow and implement provision plans
• Prepare resources and teaching materials
• Liaise with class teacher and SENCo
• Liaise with outside agencies and parents, under the guidance of the class teacher and SENCo
We are looking for a candidate who has:
Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to communicate effectively with pupils, staff, parents and other professionals
• Experience of working in a similar role
• Ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
• Flexibility, adaptability and a willingness to learn and develop existing skills
• A sense of humour and a willingness to ‘go the extra mile’
In return, we will provide:
• Excellent professional development
• A very strong and supportive team of colleagues and a caring Church School ethos
To obtain an application pack please contact Jane Williams, the School Business Manager, at the school by telephone or download an application pack from the school website, www.spaldingparish.lincs.sch.uk. Please return a completed application form by e-mail to email@example.com by noon on Thursday 13th December 2018 with interviews taking place week commencing 17th December 2018
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) check will be necessary for this post.
School website: http://spaldingparish.lincs.sch.uk