CLERK TO THE GOVERNORS
To start: ASAP
Hours: 3hr 15mins hours per week
Term Time Only
Fen Ditton Primary School is seeking to appoint a capable and well-organised administrator to provide clerking support to our Local Governing Body. This is a part-time position paid monthly on the basis of the hours of work undertaken. The hours for this position are variable but not expected to be more than 3hours 15minutes per week, term-time only. Working closely with the school’s Headteacher and Chair of Local Governing Body, the successful candidate will play a vital role in meeting the administrative and procedural requirements of boards and enabling efficient and effective discussion and decision making.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience of providing administration support in an organisation (full training will be given)
• Can provide confidential administrative support to our full governing body and 2 sub-committees (12 meetings per year, 12 X10 hours)
• Has excellent organisational skills including planning, minute taking, record keeping and liaising with the Trust
• Has excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Has excellent communication skills both written and oral
• Has an understanding of the governance and legislative requirements relevant to a school or educational establishment (Preferred).
Should you wish to discuss any aspect of the post before applying, please do not hesitate to contact Mark Askew – Headteacher, by telephone: 01223 292342.
Fen Ditton is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to vetting checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £1,500.00 a year
School Website: www.fenditton.cambs.sch.uk
Fen Ditton Primary is part of the Anglian Learning Trust, more details of which can be found at http://anglianlearning.org/
School website: http://fenditton.cambs.sch.uk