GUNTHORPE PRIMARY SCHOOL
HEAD TEACHER: MRS FRAN HOLLINGSWORTH
WELFARE & SAFEGUARDING LEAD
Grade 8 £23,866 - £27,358
36.25 hours per week, term time only (38 weeks plus one week).
Start: February 2019 or as soon as possible after that.
We are seeking to appoint a skilled practitioner who will adopt the role of Designated Safeguarding Lead across the school and also lead on family support. This is a full time post, directly supporting the work of the Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher. The successful candidate will have significant knowledge of safeguarding policies, procedures and practices, together with experience of working with a range of agencies and professionals. They will also have experience of working in an education environment with young people with specific difficulties and vulnerabilities, or those in need of early help support.
The ideal candidate will be able to work under the direction of the Head Teacher/ Deputy Head Teacher to:
• support the most vulnerable children and families which may include children with behavioural issues or adults requiring parenting support
• Lead on child protection in school alongside the Head Teacher and Deputy Head Teacher
• Undertake early help assessments to develop a plan that meets vulnerable children/ families’ needs and supports them to access appropriate services to enhance the team around the family.
• Work directly with targeted pupils to raise achievement
We are looking for someone who:
• Is committed to helping children succeed
• Is kind, friendly and understanding
• Has the ability to see where and how they can help children make their next steps
• Will commit time and enthusiasm to our team
• Is able to act on their own initiative
We can offer you:
• Training for your role as appropriate to your needs and career aspirations
• A friendly, supportive and positive team to work in
• The chance to work in our new state of the art building
• Career progression, with the opportunity to work within the wider Trust
Gunthorpe Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
We know you will want to come and find out more, so please make an appointment via the school office (01733 571193 or email email@example.com) to come and visit us, we would be happy to show you around. Application packs can be requested in the same way.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th January 2019
Interviews week beginning 28th January 2019
School website: http://www.gunthorpeprimary.org.uk