We are looking for a committed Assistant Principal to join our dedicated and supportive team. This role would suit an enthusiastic and capable teacher, with leadership experience who is now keen to develop further, as well as providing career development opportunities for an established leader looking to enhance their career in a larger school.
This is an ideal opportunity for the right person to manage the staff, teaching and learning development within West Town Primary Academy, as well as opportunities to extend your experience by leading projects in the other academies that we work with. You will have a key role in developing staff, monitoring and analysing data, and being responsible for phase leadership as well as a key area of development. This unique role will enable you to stay in the classroom delivering great teaching and modelling good practice but experiencing the leadership and management of a growing team and developing your leadership skills.
You will be an enthusiastic, ambitious and driven leader with exceptional teaching skills and will play an active role in the continued development of our school. We are looking for someone with the skills to ensure that all of our pupils make excellent rates of progress regardless of starting points and background, building on our current ‘well above average’ progress.
We can offer you:
• Exciting leadership development within and beyond the Academy
• Opportunities to develop as an SLE
• Excellent support from the Trust with your own development through MA modules or similar
• A friendly and supportive positive team to work in
• A state of the art new learning environment
• Involvement in an established and growing academy trust
• Potential recruitment allowance.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is keen to share and develop their own excellent practice
• Has proven impact in subject leadership and improvement
• Has a proven good record as a reflective classroom practitioner
• Is enthusiastic about the opportunities in our school
• Has the skills to guide and advise others in their practice and development
• Has high expectations of their own teaching and the children
• Has the skill to maximise children's learning
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an adventurous and forward thinking academy with some of the best outcomes in Peterborough, that is proud to be part of the Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust (CMAT).
For more details and to apply visit our website at www.westtownprimary.org, the closing date for applications is 9am on Friday 1st February 2019. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 6th February 2019. Please contact our office manager Helen Buckley on 01733 852400 to arrange a visit to find out more about the post.
West Town Primary Academy and CMAT are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This post has a salary within the national leadership pay scale. The anticipated start date is April 2019.
School website: http://westtownprimary.org