Contract: Part Time, permanent
Hours: 17.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri 10.30am – 2pm, 44
weeks (Term Time only)
Salary: Actual £6,149.59 per annum (FTE £15,366 per annum)
Site: Thomas Deacon Academy
Closing date: 24 January 2019
TD Education Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to raising educational outcomes across a range of primary and secondary phase schools and academies in the East Midlands. As a newly formed multi-academy trust we strive to provide outstanding teaching and learning for all and an ethos and culture that encourages everyone to be the very best that they can be.
We put learners, and their learning, at the heart of everything we do.
Thomas Deacon Academy
Trust: we are honest
Discipline: we never give up
Aspiration: we want the very best
Thomas Deacon Academy was one of the first Academies to be created and continues to thrive through our core values of Trust, Discipline and Aspiration. As we enter the exciting new phase of our future we continue to offer an aspirational learning environment for students from the ages of 7 to 18 years old. Our modern facilities, TDA Junior, Sixth Form Study Centre and 43 acre campus allow us to provide the ultimate in educational choice.
Most recently, July 2015, Ofsted graded the Academy as ‘Good’ in all areas and we are moving forward in our continued journey towards ‘Outstanding’.
We are looking to appoint a committed and hard-working Medical Room Assistant to join our dedicated Wellbeing team at Thomas Deacon Academy on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will have the ability to support and also take responsibility for administering first aid, responding to emergencies onsite, assessing medical needs and supporting students with medical and wellbeing provisions. The role will include managing the medical room in the absence of the Medical Supervisor and making quick decisions in a pressurised environment.
• Have a minimum Level 2 First Aid qualification
• Have an understanding of potential medical needs and issues within a school setting.
• Be able to establish good working relationships with students, parents/carers and other members of staff.
• Be able to remain calm and confident during an emergency.
• Have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Be able to work both as part of a team and to your own initiative
The Trust offers:
• excellent salary package.
• fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Local Government pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply please click on the Vacancies page of our website www.thomasdeaconacademy.com where you will be directed to the application page.
School website: http://www.thomasdeaconacademy.com