ASSISTANT CLERK TO THE GOVERNORS
To start: as soon as possible
Pay: £9.74 per hour (£10.91 including holiday pay)
Responsible to: clerk to the Local Governing Body
Background and purpose of the job:
Bassingbourn Village College is seeking to appoint a capable and well-organised minute-taker to assist the clerk to the Local Governing Body (LGB). This is a part-time position paid monthly on the basis of the hours of work undertaken. The hours for this position are variable but are not expected to be more than 100 hours a year, during term-time only. The main purpose is to take the minutes of the LGB meetings held at Bassingbourn Village College, of which there will be up to 10 each year. The LGB meetings are generally held on a Thursday evening, for two hours, starting at 6pm or 7pm.
Governing bodies are entrusted with a great deal of information, some of which is confidential. The assistant clerk to the LGB is therefore required to maintain complete confidentiality of issues discussed at LGB meetings.
• Take detailed notes of the LGB meetings, recording key decisions, questions and responses, and actions.
• Write up the notes of each meeting in a timely fashion to produce a detailed set of draft minutes within five days of each LGB meeting
• Liaise with the clerk to the governors to ensure prompt circulation of final minutes and related documents.
Skills and expertise:
We are looking for someone who:
• Has experience of minute-taking (essential)
• Can provide confidential administrative support to the LGB (approx. 10 meetings per year) (essential)
• Has excellent organisational skills (essential)
• Has excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word (essential)
• Has excellent communication skills, both written and oral (essential)
• Is able to maintain confidentiality (essential)
• Is able to travel to and attend LGB meetings (essential)
• Has an understanding of school governance (desirable)
If you wish to discuss an aspect of the post before applying, please contact the clerk to the LGB, Mrs Smith, either by phone 01763 242344 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please complete a non-teaching staff application form which is available on our website http://www.bassingbournvc.net/visitors/vacancies/ and forward with a covering letter to Mrs Smith by post or email to email@example.com outlining how you would successfully implement the requirements of the job description and how your previous experience has successfully prepared you for this post.
Bassingbourn Village College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants. The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunities Employer
School website: http://bassingbournvc.net