The Academy is continuing to expand and due to its popularity and increasing student numbers, a new £6 million wing was opened in September 2018. This extension is an addition to the £20.6 million state-of-the-art building that was completed September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment at an Academy that has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion.
The Academy has continued to build on the successes of the last few years and achieved strong results at GCSE & A-Level in the summer. It is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
For September 2019, we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated & enthusiastic teacher of Business Studies. This position is suitable for both experienced teachers and would be an excellent first post for a motivated NQT. Therefore, applications are welcomed from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme to NQTs) & visits to the Academy are welcomed.
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) with the recent inspection stating:
• Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
• Pupils are making very good progress
• Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
The successful candidate will have the ability to deliver high quality teaching across Key Stage 3, 4 and 5 and have a passion for Business Studies, Enterprise and Work Related Learning. They should be committed to raising outcomes and be innovative in the classroom. We currently offer Business Studies and Economics to our Key Stage 4 students and A-Level Business Studies in KS5. We are looking to expand the subject in to Key Stage 3 to give students the opportunity to learn about Enterprise, Personal Finance and Work Related Learning from Year 7 onwards. Therefore the successful candidate will be involved in delivering lessons to KS3 as well as working with local businesses to gather and deliver information about careers to support this.
This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. Business Studies is a key subject in the Academy and an area we are investing in.
The successful candidate will:
• Be a qualified teacher of Business Studies with outstanding subject knowledge;
• Be able to inspire students, using their enthusiasm & enjoyment of the subject to ensure all students reach their full potential;
• Possess those interpersonal skills to enable them to work as part of a team to raise standards.
• A state-of-the-art teaching environment with specialist subject classrooms;
• An opportunity to join a well-established & successful department;
• Personalised professional development;
• iPads and laptops are issued to all teaching staff;
• Use of state-of-the-art gymnasium facilities.
Application forms & further information about this post are available from our Website or from Katherine Scothern, by telephone or e-mail to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday, 25th March 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & a successful application for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
School website: http://bushfield.co.uk