GRANTA SPECIAL SCHOOL
A creative and organised teacher is required for our pupils with profound and multiple learning disability.
Required from September 2019 (or earlier if our preferred candidate is available.)
• An excellent practitioner who is able to set and meet differentiated learning targets within the PMLD learning range.
• A good communicator with a flexible approach.
• A team member who can think creatively and who values the opportunity to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• A teacher who can track small steps of progress and contribute to a motivating and enriching PMLD curriculum.
• Small classes with a very high staffing ratio (often 1:1).
• A firm commitment to CPD and opportunities to extend professional practice, in particular regarding Multi-sensory Impairment (MSI)
• 1 to 2 SEN points available depending on experience and expertise
• A welcoming and happy community
• A fully qualified MSI line manager.
The successful candidate/s will demonstrate a clear commitment to personalised learning, a flexible approach towards curriculum delivery and excellent team working skills. Some experience of working with pupils with complex SEN, in mainstream or special school, is essential.
Further details can be obtained from:
Phone 01223 896890
Closing Date: Monday 1st April 2019
Interview Date: Thursday 4th April 2019
Granta School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
School website: http://granta.cambs.sch.uk