ST NICHOLAS CE PRIMARY SCHOOL, COTTESMORE, RUTLAND
“The caring ethos in your school is a thread running through all aspects of school life. Pupils are proud of their school and they show respect and consideration for each other and their teachers. Leaders and other teachers run the school with its pupils at the centre.
Teachers are skilled and enthusiastic, and consistently promote the school’s values. Pupils have an excellent ‘can do’ attitude to their work. Behaviour is excellent and pupils conduct themselves impeccably throughout the school day. They apply themselves to their work enthusiastically. Pupils confidently offer eloquent contributions to class discussions.”
Salary Range: Leadership Scale 6 – 14
Number on roll: 150
Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to lead a forward-thinking Church of England primary school at the heart of a vibrant community? Then come and visit our school. The Trustees and Governors would like to appoint an outstanding leader, with enthusiasm, energy and a passionate commitment to making a difference to the life chances of our children in a distinctively Christian environment.
Who are we looking for?
The successful applicant will be an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of successful leadership and management with a commitment and vision to continue to develop all aspects of our school. We are looking for somebody who:
• Is an innovative, inspirational and strategic leader with a strong Christian vision for excellence and a belief that all children have the potential to succeed.
• Has a thorough understanding of what makes learning successful and how to develop a broad, rich and inspirational curriculum.
• Has the ability to drive forward sustained improvements in achievement and an unswerving focus on sustaining excellence in teaching and learning.
• Has excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, listen to and inspire children, staff, parents and the wider community, and build long lasting partnerships.
• Puts our children at the heart of all they do and has a genuine desire to motivate everyone to succeed and develop a love of learning.
• Is committed to working collaboratively with others to raise standards and aspirations for all children.
• Is committed to their own and others’ professional development.
• Uses evidence-based research to underpin strategic decisions.
• Is an excellent networker, able to seek out best practice and new ideas.
• Has a ‘can do’ mentality and a commitment to making a difference to the life chances of each child, leading them in sharing God’s love.
We can offer you:
• Happy, motivated, confident pupils who enjoy learning
• Children whose learning behaviours are excellent and whose love of learning is infectious
• Strong links with the local church and Diocese
• Forward-thinking, enthusiastic and committed governors
• A fantastic team - supportive and committed staff, dedicated to helping children’s academic, social and emotional development
• Great opportunities for professional and personal development – through the school, Rutland Learning Trust
and Rutland Teaching School Alliance.
To arrange a visit or request an application pack, please contact St Nicholas school office on 01572 812337
or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
or visit the school or RLT websites. www.stnicholasprimary.co.uk/ www.rltschools.com www.rutlandlearning.com
Closing date: 12.00 Noon 12th April 2019. Shortlisting: 12th April 2019. Interview date(s): 30th April/ 1st May 2019
School website: http://www.stnicholasprimary.co.uk