Salary range - £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
About the School
Cambridge Steiner School is a small non-selective co-educational independent school and is part of the Steiner Waldorf Schools Fellowship. We provide a dynamic and progressive education for children aged 2 to 14. Situated on a single site, located on outskirts of Cambridge in the delightful village of Fulborn, we welcome children from all over Cambridgeshire and beyond.
We provide an interdisciplinary, theme-based and experiential approach to education which emphasises observation and personal involvement. We also relate the learning material to us as human beings, thereby allowing a relationship to the world around us to unfold: a sense of belonging and being a part of the world emerges.
Our school grew out of the vision of a small group inspired by Steiner Waldorf education. The first kindergarten was set up in 1993 with the financial and practical support of a growing number of enthusiastic and dedicated parents. The Lower School opened in 1998 and the school relocated to its present site in 2007. Since that time much work has been done to develop and improve the school and expand into secondary education. You can find out more about our school, including our most recent School Inspection Service Report (June 2018), on our website: http://www.cambridge-steiner-school.co.uk
About the role
We are looking for a Resource Manager/Coordinator to join us here, at Cambridge Steiner School. This is a key role in the School Coordination Team, and involves working closely with all staff and the Board of Trustees, advising on key issues, as needed. The post is responsible for all the business functions within the school, acts as a main point of contact and plays a central role in the day to day life of the School. The Resource Manager/Coordinator will act as line manager to various other roles in the School, promoting positive team working, collaborating with other staff members, volunteers and trustees in delivery of an excellent educational service.
• Are you friendly and professional with a good sense of humour and a down-to-earth demeanour, willing to be surrounded by friendly, respectful, supportive people, who are driven by a passion for quality and meaning in everything they do?
• Can you work and make strategic and operational decisions independently and also in conjunction with other members of a management team? Familiarity with principles of Steiner Education would be an advantage.
• Are you experienced at working at senior level and prepared to plan, lead, support, inspire, constructively challenge and improve own and team performance, ideally within an educational environment?
• Do you have a management/business degree or equivalent related professional qualification, preferably, School Business Manager/Resource Manager specific qualification?
• Do you have a strong managerial, administrative, HR and financial background.
• Do you like a challenge and the opportunity to make a difference?
How to apply
If you answer “yes” to the above questions, we are delighted to hear from you! You can express your interest by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you an Application Pack, with a detailed Job Description and Person Specification and our school’s Application Form. The closing date for the applications is Monday 25th March 2018