(MPS with possibility of TLR for the right candidate)
The Academy is continuing to expand and due to its popularity and increasing student numbers, a new £6 million wing was opened in September 2018. This extension is an addition to the £20.6 million state-of-the-art building that was completed September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment at an Academy that has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion.
The Academy has continued to build on the successes of the last few years and achieved strong results at GCSE & A-Level in the summer. It is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
For September 2019, we are seeking to appoint a dedicated, well-qualified and highly motivated teacher of Design Technology. In the last 3 years the department has been consistently achieving GCSE results higher than 80% A*-C with a positive Progress 8 score. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork & support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. Applications are welcomed from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme to NQTs) & visits to the Academy are welcomed.
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) with the recent inspection stating:
• Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
• Pupils are making very good progress
• Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational & well-qualified teacher of Design Technology with outstanding subject knowledge;
• Be able to drive continuous improvement in teaching and learning within the subject, raising standards and ensuring student achievement is maximised;
• Be confident in the use of systems and data tracking;
• Be able to effectively communicate with students, parents and staff;
• Be keen to make a difference to the education of OBA students.
• Personalised professional development;
• An opportunity to join a well-established department at an Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support;
• Laptops for all staff in addition to desk top computers in all rooms;
• An opportunity to join a friendly & supportive staff at this popular oversubscribed Academy recognised for its continued improvement.
• Free use of state-of-the-art gymnasium facilities.
Application forms & further information about this post are available from our Website or from Katherine Scothern, by telephone or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday – Monday 25th March 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two references & an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
School website: http://bushfield.co.uk