Castor Church of England Primary School
“We have faith in God, ourselves and everyone around us”
SENCO – 0.2 FTE (1 day a week)
Start date: 1st September 2019
Salary: Main Scale 1 to 6 + SEN allowance of £2106 (0.2 FTE)
Castor Church of England Primary School is looking to appoint a knowledgeable and experienced SENCO to work in our happy village school. This part-time post is a permanent position.
We are located in the village of Castor just outside of Peterborough. This is an exciting time to be at Castor. We have 179 children on roll, with 7 classes from EYFS to Year 6. The children, staff and community are incredibly proud of their school and work hard to ensure that we provide children with a safe, stimulating environment in which they can flourish. In the words of one staff member, “We are a family, a community and a team”.
We are looking for somebody to join our team who can:
• Co-ordinate the provision for children with SEND across the school
• Act as a key point of contact for external agencies, especially the LA and its support services
• Work with colleagues to ensure Education and Health Care Plans, as well as Individual Education Plans, are having a positive impact on pupils’ progress
You will be:
• An experienced and successful SENCO, passionate about teaching and learning, with expertise across a range of SEN
• Organised and able to manage your time well
• Committed to inclusive education and willing to respond to the needs of children with SEN
In return, we can offer:
• Delightful children who are eager to learn
• Welcoming and helpful colleagues
• A supportive Leadership Team and Governing Body
• A strong partnership with parents and the wider community
This post would be suitable for people who have previous experience of working as a SENCO in a primary school. Visits to the school and a discussion with the Headteacher are warmly welcomed.
A job description, person specification and application form can be downloaded from the school website. www.castorschool.co.uk. Alternatively, contact the school office on 01733 380280. Please return completed application forms and covering letter to Nick Brompton, Headteacher by 9am on Wednesday 27th March. Interviews will take place week beginning 1st April.
Castor CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS checks. Posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and do require a criminal records check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
School website: http://www.castorschool.co.uk