The Academy is continuing to expand and due to its popularity and increasing student numbers, a new £6 million wing was opened in September 2018. This extension is an addition to the £20.6 million state-of-the-art building that was completed September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment at an Academy that has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion.
The Academy has continued to build on the successes of the last few years and achieved strong results at GCSE & A-Level in the summer. It is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Required for September 2019, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic & well-qualified teacher of Boys PE to teach across the secondary age & ability range. As an Academy with a specialism for sport, we offer outstanding facilities to teach in; which include a double sided sports hall and outdoor facilities including seven tennis courts and a 3G AstroTurf. The person appointed will play an important part in the continual development of a busy and successful department. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork & support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. Applications are welcomed from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme to NQTs). Visits to the Academy for an informal conversation are welcomed.
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) with the recent inspection stating:
• Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
• Pupils are making very good progress
• Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
The successful candidate will:
• Be passionate about their subject bringing energy & enthusiasm to the pupils they teach;
• Be able to teach across the age & ability range, demonstrating excellent subject knowledge with the ability to inspire and motivate students to enable them to achieve their full potential;
• Have a strong understanding of boys PE and contribute fully to our extensive extra-curricular programme.
• Have experience in teaching examination PE at KS4.
• Personalised professional development;
• A state-of-the-art teaching environment;
• An opportunity to join a well-established, committed & successful department at an Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork and support;
• An opportunity to join a friendly & supportive staff at this popular oversubscribed Academy recognised for its continued improvement.
• Laptops for all staff in addition to desk top computers in all rooms;
• Free use of state-of-the-art gymnasium facilities.
Application forms & further information about this post are available from our Website or from Katherine Scothern, by telephone or e-mail to email@example.com.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday – Monday 1st April 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
School website: http://bushfield.co.uk