Ken Stimpson Community School
Lead Teacher of Food Technology & Hospitality
Dates: Apply by 9am on Friday 29 March 2019
Job start at 1 September 2019
Salary: MPS/UPS (plus TLR 2a)
A relocation package may be available
Location: Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Contract type: Full-time
Contract term: Permanent
Do you have:
• a passion for Food Technology and Hospitality?
• the ability to inspire students?
• the motivation to make a real difference in a forward-thinking faculty?
• excellent people skills?
• a willingness to work hard to maintain strong outcomes?
If so, Ken Stimpson Community School is the place for you!
Governors are seeking applications for a dynamic Lead Teacher of Food Technology & Hospitality at Ken Stimpson Community School to join the Technology faculty with a proven track record for strong results. This is an ideal opportunity for either an experienced practitioner or a new starter to the profession.
We are at an exciting point in the development of our school with an additional new building on the horizon to house a range of new facilities, including three state of the art Food Technology classrooms. The well-equipped and resourced building will enable all aspects of the curriculum to be accessed by pupils and the faculty is an exciting and enjoyable place to work for both staff and students. As a school we understand the value of vocational subjects and the life skills that they offer our young people and therefore are keen to see the development and growth of Food within our school and are looking for an inspirational teacher and leader to be at the forefront of the development of this subject area.
Food currently sits within the Technology faculty made up of Design Technology, Construction, Computer Science, ICT and Food Technology. There is a strong and highly competent structure in place, led by a Head of Faculty and supported by a Leadership Team member, offering first rate line management of the faculty. The faculty comprises of 1 Construction teacher, 4 Computer Science teachers, a faculty Technician and, now, a Lead Teacher of Food Technology & Hospitality. There are plans to further expand the Food team in the next academic year, following the vision and leadership of the successful applicant.
This exciting and challenging post requires an enthusiastic, hardworking, conscientious and energetic individual. You need to have extremely high expectations and will be teaching Food Technology at both Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 with plans to extend into our Sixth Form provision, ensuring children achieve to the best of their ability, regardless of their background. The successful applicant will also fulfil the role of a form tutor within the pastoral structure of the school and participate in the delivery of our PSHE curriculum. Either a proven track record of achieving successful outcomes or a testimony towards making a significant impact in your time within the profession are key ingredients that we are looking for to enhance our team even further.
We can offer:
• excellent CPD and new staff support
• an increasingly popular, vibrant and expanding school which cares deeply for its students
• collaborative staff who are committed to raising standards
• a Principal and Senior Team that are keen to drive the school forward and are open to innovation and creative thinking
• first rate line management of Technology
• superb opportunities for career development and promotion
We were inspected by Ofsted in April 2016 and rated a Good school. “There has been rapid improvement in the progress being made by pupils in a wide range of subjects” and “Pupils’ behaviour around the school is impressive. They mix well and move around the school in an orderly and calm manner.” Please see our website, www.kscs.org.uk, to access the full report.
Ken Stimpson Community School is committed to equality of opportunity and safeguarding the welfare of children. Applicants will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
• For application details and an application form, please visit the ‘Current Vacancies’ page at www.kscs.org.uk/vacancies
• If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, or arrange a school visit, please contact Paul Swift (Assistant Principal) by email at email@example.com
• Please return completed applications to Bryan Erwin (Principal) at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Friday 29 March 2019
• Interview dates: Tuesday 2 and Wednesday 3 April 2019
School website: http://kscs.org.uk