Paston Ridings Primary School
Tel: 01733 762742
Headteacher: Mrs J Cook
Number on Role: 500
Teaching Assistant – initially to support one child with significant complex needs related to an ASD diagnosis on a part-time transition timetable – 15-20 hours
We are looking to appoint a positive, enthusiastic and energetic teaching assistant, who is experienced in supporting children with ASD, speech and language difficulties and significant sensory difficulties, to join our supportive and friendly school. Experience of supporting children who have social emotional and mental health difficulties would be a desirable advantage. We are a good inclusive school committed to working together to improve standards to improve life chances for our children, as well as safeguard and promote their welfare.
At Paston Ridings, we do expect all of our staff to work hard to create great learning opportunities for our children but also understand whilst supporting learning is an amazing privilege, it is also very challenging. Our leadership team works hard to seek out opportunities to look after staff, promoting self-care and work-life balance. We have a dedicated employee assistant program to support wellbeing and encourage staff to identify individualised CPD programs to support their aspirations and development needs, through a robust, supportive performance management system.
We understand that sometimes life’s challenges can make it tricky to maintain balance between home and school. Our ethos is very definite about the need to offer additional support to staff at these difficult times in both an emotional and practical way. This is one of the things that, we believe, makes our school special.
We are seeking a teaching assistant to be the named person to work with 1 child initially who:
• Has good knowledge of child development and early years
Has positive experience of working in EYFS/KS1
• Has experience of working with children with additional needs, particularly social and emotional
• Is calm, patient, nurturing and flexible.
• Can demonstrate a high level of skills to support learning.
• Is a team player and able to work positively as part of a wider team
• Is enthusiastic and has high expectations of behaviour and achievement.
• Has the ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with staff, parents/carers.
• Is friendly with a good sense of humour.
We can offer:
• A supportive and friendly staff, dedicated to raising standards in a good school.
• A dedicated, experienced and supportive senior leadership team.
• A creative curriculum approach and a commitment to developing this further.
• A programme to develop ‘Life Learning Skills’ amongst our pupils.
• A very well resourced school.
• A strong commitment to further professional development.
We look forward to meeting you and welcome visits to our school.
Please either email school on email@example.com or phone on 01733 762742 to book a visit.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 25th April, 9.00am.
Shortlisting will take place on the same day and we will contact shortlisted applicants asap after this date.
Interviews are planned for Wednesday 1st of May.
We very much look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you on your visit to our school.
School website: http://pastonridings.peterborough.sch.uk