We are seeking to appoint a Residential Caretaker to join our welcoming school team as soon as possible.
This is a key role for our large expanding school and the successful candidate would be expected to play a key part in its development. The role includes a 3 bedroom bungalow on the school site. Thorndown has strong community links and a dedicated team of staff and governors.
The position is a permanent 52 weeks a year position with a working week of 32.5 hours on a split shift in the mornings and afternoons.
The starting salary is Grade 2 point 4 £18,426 pro rata = £15,084
Main responsibilities will include:
• Security of the buildings and grounds
• Health and Safety
• Maintenance and repairs
• Line manager for a team of cleaners
• Liaising and working with external agencies and contractors
• To support lettings at the school some evenings of the week
We are looking or someone who:
• Has the commitment to ensure that our school is kept clean and safe
• Has an eye for details and the ability to make it happen!
• Has the necessary skills to be able to take on general maintenance tasks
• Has the ability to work as part of a team
• Is able to plan and organise their work load effectively
• Has flexibility to adapt to situations and use initiative
• Is happy to undertake necessary training
• Has the skills to manage a team of cleaning staff
• To be able to support lettings at the school (This sometimes involves payment of overtime)
• A keen gardener and a love of chickens would be a bonus!
Closing date: 26 April 2019
Interview date: Friday 3rd May 2019
Application forms and further details are available from the school website www.thorndownprimaryschool.co.uk
This post is subject to satisfactory references, right to work in the UK, an enhanced DBS check and medical check.
Visits to the school would be welcomed. Please contact Mrs Helen Cooper firstname.lastname@example.org or 01480 375103
Applicants for this public-facing post will need to demonstrate the ability to converse and provide effective help or advice, fluently in spoken English.
CV’s will not be accepted for any school based posts.
The staff and governors at Thorndown Primary School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and visitors to share this commitment.
School website: http://thorndown.cambs.sch.uk