FULL TIME ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL
Required from 1st September 2019
These are exciting times at Glade Academy. We are a growing Academy, and want to accelerate into the next phase of our development…our Leadership Team requires a highly motivated and skilled individual to play a key role in a thriving community that cannot wait to work with you!
Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for specific tasks and the leadership of whole Academy aspects, which will be determined from time to time in consultation with the Principal; you will have release time from your role as class teacher in order to carry out these duties effectively.
You will deputise for the Principal when she is unavailable, and will also act as deputy DSL (Safeguarding).
Glade needs someone with…
• character, to ensure that personal virtues and organisational values enhance educational outcomes;
• passion, to focus relentlessly on what’s best for pupils in their context;
• enthusiasm and passion for learning, and a genuine care for individual pupils and their needs;
• an enthusiastic approach to life-long learning and professional development;
• the ability to keep abreast of current educational development;
• the initiative to promote new and innovative ideas whilst helping to sustain what already works;
• the ability to support the development of outstanding educational provision, resulting in outstanding outcomes;
• a proven track record in terms of affecting positive, quantified change in a primary school or Academy environment;
• the ability to plan and teach an engaging, exciting curriculum;
• the ability to incorporate a variety of teaching and learning strategies as necessary;
• the ability to form a working partnership with parents…viewing this as an essential part of successful primary education;
• the ability to maintain open, supportive communications with parents and work colleagues in order to build and maintain a supportive and encouraging team environment;
• the ability to keep accurate on-going records related to both assessment for learning, and areas of responsibility within the staff team, and prepare reports evidencing impact accordingly;
• the vision to cultivate and support collaborative relationships with other academies in the Eastern Multi Academies Trust (EMAT) whilst establishing Glade as a beacon of distinctiveness and excellence.
Education & Qualifications:
We are looking for an applicant who…
• is an outstanding classroom practitioner;
• has excellent interpersonal skills;
• has excellent organisational skills.
We can therefore offer you:
• peer to peer networking, collaboration, challenge and support;
• geographically focussed development opportunities within a hub of academies including support from a key professional;
• investment in your professional development and future career;
• opportunities to contribute to the development of a growing organisation and trust-wide improvement initiatives;
• a values-led approach that underpins the attitudes and behaviour of individuals and the family of academies.
Don’t miss the opportunity to find out more by visiting our website. We strongly encourage potential candidates to visit the Academy to experience what it has to offer. Please contact Tracey McCarthy on 01842 811580 to arrange a visit.
The post holder will need to be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.
You will be required to undertake employment checks including an enhanced DBS with children's barred list check prior to commencing this role.
Closing date: 12pm on Friday 26th April 2019
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 29th April 2019
School website: http://www.eastern-mat.co.uk/vacancies