Assistant Headteacher Vacancy
Littleport Community Primary School
Littleport Community Primary School is a vibrant and happy place to learn (OFSTED, Sept 2018)
We are seeking to recruit an Assistant Headteacher for September 2019 – Leadership Pay Scale 2-5
Are you a highly skilled teacher who has strong leadership experience? Looking to move forward with your career development in a setting that values and nurtures its staff? Are you passionate about championing disadvantaged pupils and are committed to diminishing the difference and make a real difference to their outcomes?
Do you want to join a forward-thinking school with innovative approaches to learning at its heart that benefits from being the national Research School for East Cambridgeshire and the Fenland?
We are looking for someone who:
• Will be a champion and leading voice for disadvantaged pupils
• Is an excellent practitioner and team player; able to successfully lead a team of people
• Is inspirational, adaptable and consistent in their approach to working with children
• Has high expectations and a proven track record of school improvement and raising standards
• Is proficient in the use of data and assessment to promote and accelerate progress
• Has a commitment to research-informed practice and the benefits of outdoor learning
We will be able to offer you:
- A unique professional development opportunity to work in a Research School with the potential to deliver training and support to teachers across the county
- Motivated children whose behaviour for learning is rated as a real strength
- A welcoming learning environment in a purpose-built school with large grounds including a nature area, woodland and allotment.
- A highly supportive Governing Body
- Skilled and professional staff who have the best interests of children at heart
A taste of life here: http://www.littleport.cambs.sch.uk/school-prospectus-summer-2018/ If our film makes you curious, then please come and see us! Visits to the school are always strongly encouraged. Littleport Community Primary is an OFSTED rated ‘Good’ school located in a small town close to Ely in East Anglia with 440 children on roll. It is on the direct rail line from London to Cambridge, Ely and Kings Lynn (just over an hour from Kings Cross) and is easily accessible for commuters.
The role will include four days teaching with class responsibility plus one additional day dedicated leadership release time. If this position interests you, please contact the Headteacher, Adam Rivett, or Julie Warman, Office Manager, for an application pack via the School Office. Or go to our website: http://www.littleport.cambs.sch.uk/ and click on ‘Vacancies’ in the ‘Our School’ section.
Deadline for applications: 12:00pm – Wednesday 1st May 2019
Short listing: Afternoon of Wednesday 1st May 2019
Interviews: Tuesday 7th May 2019
Littleport Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, parents and volunteers to actively share this commitment. All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. We welcome applications from all sections of the community regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
School website: http://littleport.cambs.sch.uk