Littleport Community Primary School is a vibrant and happy place to learn (OFSTED, Sept 2018)
We want the best for our children – are you the person to give them that?
We are recruiting two KS1 Class Teachers for Maternity Cover from September 2019
A taste of life here: http://www.littleport.cambs.sch.uk/school-prospectus-summer-2018/
Are you a consistently good or outstanding teacher, living locally or looking to relocate to East Anglia or gain new teaching experiences?
Do you want to join a forward-thinking school with innovative approaches to learning at its heart, recently designated as the national ‘Research School’ for East Cambs and Fenland?
We are looking for someone who:
• Is an excellent practitioner and team player
• Is inspirational, adaptable and consistent in their approach to working with children
• Has high expectations and a commitment to raising standards
• Has experience of planning, assessing and teaching personalised lessons to mixed ability classes
• Has a commitment to research-informed practice and the benefits of outdoor learning
The position is open to teachers of all experience, including NQTs.
Our school was rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted in September 2018. We have a proven track record of developing our staff – many of our Senior Leadership Team came to us as NQTs and have progressed whilst here.
We will be able to offer you:
- Motivated children whose behaviour for learning is rated as a real strength
- A welcoming learning environment in a purpose-built school with large grounds including a nature area, wood and allotment.
- A highly supportive Governing Body
- Skilled and professional staff who have the best interests of children at heart
- Opportunities for continuing professional development driven by the work of the Research School
We are a two form entry Primary School of 450 pupils. We are on an exciting journey of school improvement, where we continue to strive for excellence and where we want the entire school community to ‘spread their wings and fly’.
Visits to the school are always strongly encouraged. If our film makes you curious, then please come and see us!
Littleport is a small town close to Ely in East Anglia. It is on the direct rail line from London to Cambridge, Ely and Kings Lynn (just over an hour from Kings Cross) and is easily accessible.
If this interests you, please contact the Headteacher, Adam Rivett or Julie Warman, Office Manager, for an application pack via the School Office.
Or go to our website: http://www.littleport.cambs.sch.uk/ and click on ‘Vacancies’ in the ‘Our School’ section.
Deadline for applications: 12.00pm – Wednesday 1st May
Short listing: Afternoon of 1st May
Interviews: Friday 3rd May
Littleport Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, parents and volunteers to actively share this commitment. All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. We welcome applications from all sections of the community regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
School website: http://littleport.cambs.sch.uk