Contract: Full time / Permanent
Salary: £42,014 – £46,367 per annum
Site: Thomas Deacon Academy
Closing date: 29 April 2019
Start: September 2019
An exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint a well-qualified, inspirational and ambitious Subject Leader – Chemistry to join Thomas Deacon Academy. The Science department have made significant improvements; grades in sciences improved by 14% in 2018, with over 50% of students achieving a grade 4 or above in two or more sciences. We are now looking for a strong and determined leader to continue this journey and drive the department to the next level.
The department is well resourced with 11 labs and a team of specialist teachers and technicians. There is a high take-up of sciences at post-16 where over 100 students opt to study the science subjects of Biology, Chemistry, and Physics (OCR specification) and BTEC Applied Science every year. Students study the AQA Specifications for Trilogy and Separate Sciences at GCSE.
The department is made up of the Head of Deparmtent – Science, Subject leader – Biology, Subject Leader – Physics, Subject Leader – Chemistry (vacant) and a Progress Leader – Science, along with a large number of Science teachers.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a school within one of the well-regarded Trusts in the eastern region. The school has a great history of success and a bright and exciting future and we are looking for an ambitious and dynamic leader to steer it through the next stage of its development.
Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how the schools within Thomas Deacon Education Trust work together. With a clear focus on leadership at all levels, the Trust is well placed to provide great opportunities to promote Thomas Deacon Academy as a leading school and you will be given effective support to develop you personally as an outstanding teacher. In addition, being part of TD Education Trust there will be a wide range of opportunities to grow and develop within the Academy and Trust wide.
• be a passionate, inspiring teacher of Chemistry.
• have recent experience of successful leadership.
• be able to evidence a key contribution to sustained school improvement.
• demonstrate experience of inspirational team leadership/membership and development.
• know how to actively engage parents as partners in the education of their children, including those harder to reach.
• be adept at challenging educational under-achievement and inspiring children to reach their full potential.
• have high expectations for the behaviour and academic progress of young people.
• be ambitious and have the energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole academy.
The Trust offers:
• Excellent salary package.
• Fantastic training/CPD opportunities in a friendly supportive environment.
• Opportunity for progression across Thomas Deacon Education Trust.
• Use of Academy facilities (including a gym and onsite car parking).
• Teachers’ pension scheme.
• An engaging, creative and welcoming environment to learners who take pride in their school.
• An inclusive and collaborative approach.
• A talented, highly motivated, committed and professional team of colleagues, both within the school and across the trust.
• An actively supportive Local Governing Body and Trust leadership.
Thomas Deacon Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The Academy will require the successful candidate to provide satisfactory references and undertake an Enhanced Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
To apply please click on the Vacancies page of our website www.thomasdeaconacademy.com where you will be directed to the application page.
If you have any questions regarding this post or would like to arrange a visit please contact the HR Team on 01733 426063 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
School website: http://www.thomasdeaconacademy.com