The Academy is continuing to expand and due to its popularity and increasing student numbers, a new £6 million wing was opened in September 2018. This extension is an addition to the £20.6 million state-of-the-art building that was completed September 2012, giving every student the opportunity to learn in an exciting and inspiring environment at an Academy that has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion.
The Academy has continued to build on the successes of the last few years and achieved strong results at GCSE & A-Level in the summer. It is conveniently located close to the Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire & Lincolnshire borders & benefits from excellent road and rail links.
Required for September 2019, we are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, highly motivated & enthusiastic teacher of IT. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic Academy with a strong ethos of teamwork & support, where staff are committed to raising attainment. The Academy has been recognised for its high standards of inclusion. Applications are welcomed from both experienced & newly qualified teachers (we offer a full induction programme to NQTs) & visits to the Academy are welcomed.
Ormiston Bushfield Academy is a good school (OFSTED - March 2016) with the recent inspection stating:
● Relationships between pupils and staff are positive and contribute substantially to the calm and productive learning environment
● Pupils are making very good progress
● Pupils behave well in lessons and around school
The successful candidate will:
● be passionate about their subject with a personal interest in technology, computing and digital multimedia
● be able to teach across the age & ability range, bringing creative ideas, energy & enthusiasm using a wide range of different software
● demonstrate strong teaching skills with the ability to inspire students and provide enjoyment of the subject to ensure all students reach their full potential & obtain excellent results
● have knowledge of programming and writing code (desirable but not essential)
● a state-of-the-art teaching environment;
● personalised professional development;
● an opportunity to join a well-established department;
● laptops for all staff in addition to desk top computers in all rooms;
● two ICT suites with Apple Mac desktop computers
● guidance, advice and support from an inspiring senior leadership team
● an opportunity to join a friendly & supportive staff at this popular oversubscribed Academy recognised locally & nationally for its continued improvement.
Application forms & further information about this post are available from our Website or from Katherine Scothern, by telephone or email to email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: Midday, Monday 29th April 2019
The Academy is committed to safeguarding & promoting the welfare of children & young people & expects all staff & volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of two suitable references & a successful application for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
School website: http://bushfield.co.uk