Eagle Way, Hampton Vale, Peterborough, PE7 8BF.
Hampton College is an established, successful, all-through school, which formed its own multi-academy trust (Hampton Academies Trust- HAT) in 2014. The Trust is also the education provider for the new neighbouring secondary school, Hampton Gardens School and Hampton Lakes Primary School, which is due to open in 2019. HAT schools have very close links and some shared staff.
Hampton College currently serves the community of Hampton, on the southern outskirts of the city of Peterborough and has good links to Cambridge and Stamford. Hampton Gardens School serves the neighbouring Cambridgeshire village of Yaxley, as well new housing being added to the Hampton East development, where Hampton Lakes Primary School will also be located.
Required as soon as possible
Teaching Assistant Level 2 (1:1 Named Child Temporary Contract)
We are looking for a committed and caring Teaching Assistant to work on a named child temporary contract in Key Stage 3, supporting a child with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia (HSP), which is a condition affecting the control of the voluntary movement of muscles, particularly in the lower body. Experience of working with children with specific needs would be an advantage. This is an exciting opportunity to work within a team of highly committed Teaching Assistants supporting student progress. We are looking for a confident and passionate individual with the following:
• A willingness to carry out physio activities as required (full training will be provided), in addition to providing support with changing for PE, aiding trips to the toilet and the issuing of medicine.
• Resilience, patience and a flexible can do attitude
• Robust communication skills
• The ability to support social /communication needs
• The capacity to deal professionally and sensitively with children, parents and colleagues, as well as outside agencies, when necessary
• Determination and commitment in supporting students to reach their full potential
Teaching Assistant (Level 2)
8.15am – 3.30pm (with a 45 minute lunch break)
32.5 hours per week (Mon-Fri), term-time only
Grade 6 – Actual Salary £14,267 – £15,752 per annum
What we can offer you in return:
• A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our schools have modern buildings, with light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
• We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly within the Trust.
• Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
• Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way, and our buddy system gives new staff a supportive and knowledgeable mentor.
• Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
For further information, please visit the jobs page on the Hampton Academies Trust website: http://www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/jobs/
Closing date: 9.00am on Tuesday 23 April 2019
Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
School website: http://hamptoncollege.org.uk