The opening is for a Temporary Full Time contract beginning on 1st October 2019
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Position: Temporary KS1 Class Teacher (KS1 experience preferable)
Start Date: 1st October 2019
Salary: MPS/UPS (dependent upon candidate)
Contract: Temporary (maternity cover for 2 terms or until post holder returns – most likely a full academic year))
Applications Close: Thursday 16th May at 12.00pm
Interview Date: Monday 20th May
Do you want to work in a forward thinking school with friendly, supportive, hardworking staff and well-behaved children?
Do you want to work in a GOOD school that enables staff to collaborate and learn from each other?
If so, Longthorpe is the place for you! The school offers you:
• eager to learn and well behaved children – there is a real learning buzz in school
• a great place to work with a friendly, fun, supportive and dedicated staff team
• flexibility and understanding that supports a good work-life balance
• PPA time with colleagues
• comprehensive and high quality planning and teaching resources that save time
• personalised CPD opportunities and opportunities to take the lead
• freedom to take risks with teaching and learning, within a metacognitive approach
• an experienced, supportive, driven leadership team that listens
• IPad and laptop for all teachers and a good investment in technology
• a 2:30pm finish on a Friday!
We are looking for a teacher who is:
• FUN & caring – develops very positive relationships with all pupils and holds high expectations of themselves/children.
• Passionate & reflective about the learning process – engages children and ensures a buy in from pupils and proactively self improves own practice
• Creative & knowledgeable – able to provide relevant learning to children that links across the curriculum; confident with strong KS1 Literacy/Maths subject knowledge
• Positive – Growth Mindset, resilient & dedicated with a sense of humour
• Consistently good and has proven, successful experience of teaching in KS1
• A hard working, organised & reflective professional
How to apply:
1. Please download (complete and return) the application form from our website: www.longthorpe.net/about-us/vacancies
2. Please provide, with your application, a covering letter (no more than 2 pages) outlining the skills and attributes that would make you a good candidate for the job.
3. You can either post or email your application form and covering letter; email address: email@example.com
Applications are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers. If you would like to discuss this opportunity further with Ryan McLay/Sam Harris (Headteacher/Deputy), please contact the school office on 01733 265959 (option 3) or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for a chat about the position. If you do not get short listed for this particular post, please do not let this deter you from applying for any future positions.
The successful applicant will be employed subject to satisfactory references, acceptable health and DBS safeguarding checks. Canvassing any member of staff or the governing body, directly or indirectly, is prohibited and will result in a disqualified application. Staff recruitment and selection is conducted in line with our Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding, and Recruitment and Selection policies.
Ryan McLay – Headteacher
Sam Harris - Deputy Head
Longthorpe Primary School
Bradwell Road, Peterborough, PE3 9QW, Tel: 01733 265959
School website: http://www.longthorpe.net