This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced practitioner to manage our thriving pre-school from September 2019.
Little Thetford Acorns is a committee led Pre-school which aims to provide a nurturing, fun and safe setting in which children are happy and secure and in which there is an atmosphere of mutual trust; where children know they are valued and respected. Our aim is to provide a setting where learning is exciting and an intrinsic part of their play and all that they enjoy. It is our intention to instill in each child a lifelong love of learning and to give each child the social skills needed to contribute to the wider community.
The Manager’s role:
• To be a supportive and inspirational Manager and Leader who can play a key role in maintaining and growing our stimulating and nurturing learning environment across our pre-school, wrap around care and holiday club provisions in accordance with the EYFS Statutory Framework.
• To support our children in their care, learning and development through strong positive interactions.
• To have responsibility for the learning, development and progress of our children through effective observation, assessment and planning systems.
• To build and maintain effective relationships with our team of Early Years Practitioners including coaching, mentoring and supporting the staff. Ensuring that they deliver outstanding care and education for children aged from 2 to 5 years of age.
• To continue to build and maintain effective relationships with our children and their families, our Committee, the local community, and local schools and preschools, whilst maintaining confidentiality.
• Hours of work - 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, during term-time and holiday club
We are looking for a Qualified Early Years professional who:
• Is driven and passionate about early years with strong play skills and strong knowledge of the EYFS
• Is enthusiastic about Forest School and outdoor learning
• Is warm and approachable with a personal and professional disposition
• Is flexible and can work across our hours of 7.45am – 5.30pm.
• Holds a full and relevant Level 3 or 4 Early Years qualification in childcare
• Has recent experience of managing staff in an EYFS setting and can demonstrate their ability to undertake management responsibilities
Please contact us on 01353 649234 or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for a job description and application form. Visits are welcome and encouraged.
Closing date for applications – Friday 5 July 2019
Little Thetford Acorns is committed to the safeguarding of children and the appropriate checks will be made prior to appointment.
Registered as company limited by guarantee in England & Wales
Registered office: Oak Field, The Wyches, Little Thetford, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3HG
Registered Company No: 06995636
Registered Charity No: 1132906
School website: https://www.littlethetfordacorns.org.uk/