Jeavons Wood Primary School
POSITION: Teaching Assistant to work 1-1 with a pupil with physical needs/ support the class (split role)
EXTRA INFO: TA Level 2, (point 5-6) permanent-27.5 hours per week, 8.45-3.15. Daily half hour lunch duty - 2.5 hours per week paid on the Midday Supervisor scale. Required ASAP
“Jeavons Wood is a peaceful, harmonious school where pupils display highly positive attitudes to learning… and are highly engaged and focused in lessons.”
“Pupils’ attitudes to learning and behaviour are exemplary.”
“Pupils are very polite, respectful and helpful to each other. They are properly prepared for lessons, and display a readiness and eagerness to learn.”
We require a permanent Teaching Assistant to work 1:1 with a child in Year 2 with a Disability and physical needs to support them to access the curriculum.
Somebody with experience of Moving and Handling training (though this will be provided) and/or previous experience relevant to the role would be desirable.
We are looking for someone who will build good relationships with the child, her family as well as school staff. We are a friendly and supportive team and visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
We can offer you:
• fantastic children who are eager to learn and whose behaviour was judged ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted;
• a hard-working, supportive and enthusiastic team;
• a creative, exciting and inspiring curriculum;
• well-resourced classrooms and learning areas in a new, built-for-purpose building;
• a warm, welcoming school that encourages children to be independent and take ownership of their learning.
We are looking for someone who:
• is passionate about teaching and learning, genuinely enjoys being with children and is able to motivate and inspire children and colleagues;
• is able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• works well in a team and can form positive relationships with staff, children and parents;
• maintains high standards of behaviour management;
For further information and an application pack please contact the school office on 01954 717180 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeavons Wood Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is a regulated activity and an enhanced DBS check will be required.
Offer of a position will be subject to two positive references.
Closing date: Wednesday 13th November 2019 9am
Interviews: Monday 18th November 2019