7.5 hours: 12.00 – 1.30pm Monday to Friday. Level 2. To start as soon as possible.
For the right candidate we can combine this with the afternoon Teaching Assistant position.
We are looking for candidates who:
• love to make learning an enjoyable experience;
• are keen and excited about supporting a curriculum that is creative and innovative and tailored to needs of the children;
• enjoy being part of a committed team;
• love books and reading;
• have had experience of working with individual or small groups of children and taking the lead in activities;
• are able to organise tasks and set boundaries;
• support other adults and children;
• undertake record keeping and assessments as required;
• explain tasks simply and clearly and foster independence;
• supervise children, and adhere to defined behaviour management policies;
• accept and respond to authority and supervision;
• work with guidance, but under limited supervision;
• liaise and communicate effectively with others;
• demonstrate good organisational skills;
• reflect on and develop professional practice;
• are self-directed and use initiative.
This post will include
• Supervising children in the library at lunchtime
• Supporting out team of Y6 peer mediators
• Organising library resources.
Training will be given to the right candidate.
If you feel that this could be you…
Application forms and further details are available from the school website mayfieldcambridge.org
We provide a full induction programme and are committed to your further professional development.
Visits to the school are positively encouraged. We guarantee a warm welcome!
Mayfield is committed to safeguarding and promoting the well- being of all children and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Closing date: Monday 18th November 2019 at 10am
Interviews: Thursday 28th November
School website: http://mayfield.cambs.sch.uk