We have a vacancy for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Salary to be pro rata based on a full time equivalent salary:
SCP 12, FTE salary £21,589 p.a.
Based on 31.5 hours, 39 weeks (term-time plus 5 inset days)
Actual salary £17,818 p.a.
Closing Date: Wednesday 20th November 2019 (at noon)
Interview Date: TBC
Required for January 2020
We are looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and flexible HLTA who is able to engage pupils in the learning process in order to achieve high standards within a creative learning environment.
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Provide regular, timetabled PPA and leadership cover for teachers across the primary age range
• Run small group interventions to accelerate progress
• Provide cover for when teachers are engaged in development opportunities
• Support teachers in the classrooms
WE CAN OFFER YOU:
• An exciting opportunity to join our inclusive, forward thinking school.
• A team of professional, supportive and friendly colleagues.
• A positive, vibrant, flexible learning environment.
• Wonderful children with exemplary behaviour.
• A commitment to whole school development and excellent staff training.
WE ARE SEEKING CANDIDATES WHO WILL:
(Please read in conjunction with Person Specification, available on request )
• Be flexible and adaptable
• Have good levels of subject knowledge in maths and literacy
• Be able to challenge and inspire children by having high expectations
• Be able to use high quality dialogue and high level questioning techniques to engage pupils in learning
• Be passionate about working with children of all ages and abilities, including some of our most vulnerable pupils
• Want to continue to learn and develop their own practice
• Be a positive, optimistic and enthusiastic team player and role model
• Be a creative thinker with a sense of humour
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed, please contact the school office on 01480 375113. To request an application pack please email Nicola Curtis firstname.lastname@example.org
Huntingdon Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. We take our Prevent Duty seriously and promote British values at all times. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake an enhanced DBS check. The appointment will be subject to satisfactory references.