Tutor My Kids are looking for experienced school teachers to work one to one with children who have fallen behind at school.
Tuition is usually outside of the school day: either evenings or weekends, usually in the child’s home. However, we’ve also got daytime opportunities to work with older children who are out of school with anxiety and other issues.
As Tutor My Kids starts its 9th year, we’re getting increasing numbers of our clients returning with younger siblings and referring to their friends and work colleagues, so we need more fabulous teachers to continue the good work.
We cover mainly Ely and Cambridge areas, with some clients in Huntingdon, Newmarket and Cambourne.
We work with families and carers whose children have fallen behind at school to support them so they can then keep up with their lessons. Sometimes it’s because there are specific learning difficulties that are preventing the child from picking up the information at the rate expected, sometimes simply lessons missed due to illness or other reasons.
We manage the whole process, interviewing and assessing the child initially, then matching them with the perfect tutor academically and in terms of personality fit. We then stay in touch with the teacher and family to see how the tuition is progressing.
We’re seeing children more with specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, so experience in this area is also particularly welcome.
At the moment, we’re wanting to hear from SECONDARY ENGLISH, MATHS AND SCIENCE teachers in Cambridge and Ely area
OR PRIMARY TRAINED teachers who can tutor secondary aged students (especially year 10 and 11) in Cambridge and Ely areas.
We also have availability for primary teachers to teach primary aged children in Ely and Cambridge too.
We’d love to hear from you if:
• You’re an experienced English, maths or science teacher,
• You’re primary trained but can work with secondary aged children (usually year 10 and 11) with English, maths or science
• You’re passionate about helping kids catch up.
• You’re positive, motivational and love inspiring kids.
• You can find an hour (or more) a week to make a difference to a child who’s struggling to keep up.
• You’ve got UK curriculum experience.
• QTS preferred.
Our current teachers report that they:
• Really enjoy the freedom to plan for the individual child, to meet their particular needs.
• Can see the difference that they’re making.
• Love working with these great families.
• Enjoy working with kids who want to learn.
• Love seeing their pupil’s confidence soar.
For an informal chat and find out how this might fit in with your existing teaching commitments or for more details please contact Rachel Law at firstname.lastname@example.org and take a look at the website – http://www.tutormykids.co.uk/