The Pilgrim PRU
Salary: Group 2 Leadership Scale L10 - L16 Full Time, Permanent Start date 1 September 2020
The Pilgrim PRU is an outstanding alternative provision providing education for children and young people during their stay in hospital. We provide a nurturing, friendly and supportive environment and have high expectations for all our students.
Every student has unique learning needs, interests and abilities so we aim to provide an individual programme for every student using high-quality teaching and therapeutic interventions. We offer support and encouragement to help them move on to the next stage in their education
Due to the retirement of our current outstanding Headteacher we require an exceptional educational practitioner with the ability and ambition to lead the school into the next phase of its journey. You will continue to develop the high quality of education and care we provide to our young people, whilst successfully navigating a challenging and complex landscape in an expanding multi-site provision.
You will also need to build upon on our excellent reputation, work closely with other schools and be committed to further extending links with other agencies and partners.
Working with the Senior Leadership Team you will ensure the highest safeguarding practice standards are maintained and that there is a strong focus on delivering a high quality of education and a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum. This position is a permanent role to start in September 2020.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a good understanding of SEND and be conversant with all SEND codes of practice, the National Curriculum and relevant external accreditation and their application to children with special needs;
• Be able to support EHCP applications; • Be committed to keeping all children safe;
• Promote our aims and vision and have consistently high expectations;
• Have experience of working with children and young people with mental health conditions and have a sound understanding of the impact that these can have on children’s learning;
• Be approachable, understanding and emotionally committed to the welfare of pupils and staff;
• Have a thorough understanding of school performance measures and strategic financial planning;
• Have a sound knowledge of current educational legislation, policy and guidance;
• Be committed to working together in partnership with all those involved in the life of the school;
• Have proven senior leadership experience, with the ability to lead a large multidisciplinary team across three separate sites;
• Have experience of the Ofsted inspection framework and school self-evaluation processes.
What you need to do now: Review the information in the Headteacher Recruitment Pack.
Visits are strongly encouraged both to our Fulbourn and Addenbrooke’s site and can be made by prior arrangement from 9 December 2020. Please contact the Head teacher, Amanda Morris-Drake on 01223 534473 to arrange this.
Send your letter of interest and complete application form electronically to email@example.com
School website: https://thepilgrimpru.co.uk/