Highfield Littleport Academy is a well-resourced, area special school, which works in partnership with Highfield Ely and the Department Leader will have responsibility for working as part of a joint leadership team across both schools. The school opened in September 2017 and currently has 100 pupils on roll, and will grow to its maximum of 120 in September 2020. The age range for both sites is 2 to 19 years of age and all pupils have Education, Health and Care Plans for a wide range of Special Educational Needs.
This is an excellent opportunity for an outstanding practitioner to join our experienced, forward thinking and cohesive senior leadership team. The successful candidate will be leading a department at our Littleport school. The post will have a responsibility for developing an area of Curriculum provision across both schools which can be discussed at interview.
We are looking to appoint:
• An outstanding and dynamic practitioner who leads by example
• A person who is able to embed high quality provision for all learners
• An excellent communicator with a high level of organisational and interpersonal skills
• A creative and enthusiastic leader with the ability to lead staff and contribute to the strategic vision and development of the whole school alongside our SMLT
In return we offer:
• Supportive colleagues and excellent resources and school grounds
• A strong leadership team with a shared vision of school development for Highfield Academies
• Working alongside a welcoming, caring and supportive staff who are committed to providing the best outcomes for all learners
• An exciting opportunity to make a difference and influence practice
• Excellent development opportunities within Highfield Academies and the Active Learning Trust
Closing date for applications: 07/01/20 Midday
Interviews to be held on: 16/01/20
Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact the school to arrange a mutually convenient time. For more information and an application pack, please contact the Academy on 01353 223301 or by downloading an Application Form from the website (www.highfieldlittleport.org).
Candidates called for interview please note that references will be requested once you have confirmed your attendance for interview
The Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer. We particularly welcome applications from people of all races, nationalities and ethnicities.
The Academy and the Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. We expect all staff to actively share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to the taking of satisfactory references and enhanced criminal record clearance in line with the need to create and maintain a safe culture in our recruitment