Part time Year 1 Class Teacher (0.6)
Start date: 20.04.20 (or 17.02.20 if possible)
Do you enjoy a challenge and have the determination and belief that every child should have the chance to be the best that they can be?
Why not join us at St Philip’s Primary School at this exciting time of development?
We are a rapidly improving school, and we are looking to appoint excellent classroom teacher to join our friendly, committed and hardworking staff. The school continues to celebrate improving KS1 outcomes last year, as well as meeting the national average of phonics screening.
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work in a rapidly improving school with supportive colleagues and friendly children who enjoy their learning. Our school organisation is based on a phase approach with three classes in each phase and a phase leader.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who can teach on Monday, Thursday and Friday each week.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a good knowledge and understanding of the requirements of the Key Stage 1 Curriculum, especially phonics.
• Be well organised and communicate effectively with staff and parents;
• Ensure that learning is engaging and accessible to children of all abilities;
• Have experience of the teaching of phonics;
• Have a friendly, positive outlook with a sense of humour.
• A welcoming friendly staff team with a supportive senior leadership team;
• A phase approach with three classes in each phase and a phase leader
• Friendly and lively children who enjoy learning;
• An induction programme with ongoing CPD.
This is an exciting time to join and large and improving school, and we are committed to developing all teachers as leaders of learning.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Nat Day in the school office on 01223 508707 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date is 12pm 20th January 2020. Interviews will be held 23rd January 2020.
St Philip’s C of E (A) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check, two satisfactory references and a Disclosure of Criminal Record and Disqualification Declaration.