Eagle Way, Hampton Vale, Peterborough, PE7 8BF.
Hampton College is an established, successful, all-through school, which formed its own multi-academy trust (Hampton Academies Trust- HAT) in 2014. The Trust is also the education provider for the new neighbouring secondary school, Hampton Gardens School and Hampton Lakes Primary School, which opened in September 2019. HAT schools have very close links and some shared staff.
Hampton College currently serves the community of Hampton, on the southern outskirts of the city of Peterborough and has good links to Cambridge and Stamford. Hampton Gardens School serves the neighbouring Cambridgeshire village of Yaxley, as well new housing being added to the Hampton East development, where Hampton Lakes Primary School will also be located.
Required as soon as possible
TEACHING ASSISTANT LEVEL 1
We are currently looking for one Level 1 Teaching Assistant to join the team supporting students in the Secondary Phase of the College.
Teaching Assistant (Level 1)
8.30am – 3.10pm (with a 25 minute break)
27.5 hours per week (Mon-Fri), term-time only
Grade 4 – Actual Salary £11,153 - £11,604
The college uses Support Staff to carry out Midday Supervision and this has been particularly successful in managing student behaviour and helps to build positive relationships with students. We will also require applicants to work as a Midday Supervisor; a separate contract will be issued for each post.
1.20pm – 2.05pm (Mon-Fri)
3.75 hours per week (Mon-Fri), term-time only
Grade 5 – Actual Salary £1,582 - £1,646
What we can offer you in return:
• A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our schools have modern buildings, with light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
• We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly within the Trust.
• Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
• Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way, and our buddy system gives new staff a supportive and knowledgeable mentor.
• Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
For further details please visit the HAT website: http://www.hamptonacademiestrust.org.uk/jobs/
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 27 January 2020
School website: http://hamptoncollege.org.uk