A very exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic inspirational Head teacher to lead our successful special school through its next phase of development. The Governing Body at NeneGate SEMH School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated leader who will continue to value and promote partnership working with staff, governors, parents and Local Authority. The Head Teacher will build on our existing strengths and continue to inspire and lead the school to an outstanding and successful future.
Vision & Ethos
At NeneGate School we are dedicated to creating positive, appropriate learning experiences and opportunities for all. Our students feel valued and are challenged to develop to their full potential. It is a holistic environment where individual needs are supported towards a successful future.
Our aim is to provide high quality education and care for students that require SEMH provision. We are committed to building resilience, increasing self-belief and raising self-esteem. We will work in partnerships that are built on trust and respect.
Our students will experience high quality teaching and learning experiences both in and outside the classroom. They will learn to understand their own emotions and those of others.
Diversity will be recognised and celebrated. Students will express themselves with confidence and pride.
We aim to return young people to a mainstream setting where possible. This will be either fulltime or to access parts of the curriculum that will make up their individualised programme.
All students will be supported and encouraged to reach their full potential
We will see the potential in each student and offer a positive experience with bespoke programmes where necessary. We will equip them with life skills and the personal qualities to lead successful adult lives.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who:
• Has a clear vision, strong leadership and effective management skills
• Understands the needs of vulnerable young people and their families
• Has experience of working with young people who can present challenging behaviour and uses a consistent and fair approach
• Has experience of partnerships working to achieve successful outcomes
• Has experience and sound understanding of budget management
• An exceptionally enthusiastic and committed leader to manage and motivate the children and staff
• Knowledge and ambition to ensure that attainment and achievement of all are maximized
• An exceptional individual who has enthusiasm and drive to build upon our many strengths, and use these and their own, to take the school to the next stage of its development and prepare its children for the future.
We can offer you:
• The prospect of leading our school into an exciting phase of development
• The opportunity to build on positive and effective working relationships with supportive local schools and the local authority
• A motivated and supported SLT
• Salary Range point L21-L35
• Wonderful students that will surprise and amaze you every day!
NeneGate are committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff/volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
If you think you can make a difference to vulnerable young people, are excited by the challenge of building on our current provision and would like an application pack please contact:
Chair of Governors