Oak Field, The Wyches, Little Thetford, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3HG
Part-Time Early Years Practitioner
This is an exciting opportunity to come and join our thriving Pre-school.
Little Thetford Acorns is a committee led Pre-school which aims to provide a nurturing, fun and safe setting in which children are happy and secure and in which there is an atmosphere of mutual trust; where children know they are valued and respected. Our aim is to provide a setting where learning is exciting and an intrinsic part of their play and all that they enjoy. It is our intention to instil in each child a lifelong love of learning and to give each child the social skills needed to contribute to the wider community.
The Early Years One-to-One Practitioner role:
• Be a positive and supportive member of the team, communicating and working together to create a positive and nurturing learning environment within our pre-school in accordance with the EYFS Statutory Framework.
• Model good practice, ensure that the children are listened to, valued, nurtured, encouraged and enabled to ‘make the most’ of the activities offered. Offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation for an individual child’s needs.
• Build an appropriate relationship with their key child and the parents, carrying out required observations and maintaining the child’s Learning Journey.
• To support our children in their care, learning and development through strong positive interactions with a playful, nurturing, enriching and creative approach.
Hours of work - 12 hours a week, 9am to 12pm, Tuesday to Friday
We are looking for a qualified Early Years practitioner who:
• Is driven and passionate about early years with strong play skills and strong knowledge of the EYFS
• Is articulate and organised
• Is warm and approachable with a personal and professional disposition
• Holds a full and relevant Level 2 or 3 Early Years qualification in childcare
• Has some recent experience of working in a one-to-one role
• Some knowledge of special educational needs would be an advantage, but training will be given
Closing date for applications: 9.00am Monday 27th January 2020
Please contact the office on 01353 649234 or email Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org for a job description and an application form. Visits are welcome and encouraged.
Little Thetford Acorns Pre-school is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation. The appropriate checks will be made prior to appointment.
Registered as company limited by guarantee in England & Wales
Registered office: Oak Field, The Wyches, Little Thetford, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3HG
Registered Company No: 06995636
Registered Charity No: 1132906
School website: https://www.littlethetfordacorns.org.uk/