Mainscale with TLR or UPS
We are seeking to appoint an innovative, dynamic and inspirational SENDCo to Lead and manage our SEND at Meadowside Primary School. This is an opportunity for an outstanding candidate, who is an exemplary leader and teacher, and who can inspire others.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to make a significant and positive impact on the School.
We Are Looking for Someone Who
• Holds the National Award for SEN Co-ordination and QTS
• Has high expectations of children's attainment, progress, behaviour and
• Understands, and can implement, the SEND code of practice
• Has experience of working with children with a range of individual needs
• Has the ability to plan and evaluate interventions in order to gain the best
outcomes for SEN pupils
• Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Has knowledge or reading and implements EHCP's
• Has high expectations of their own achievement and development, both
professionally and personally
• Has experience of writing referrals and dealing with external agencies to
secure the best SEN provision available for pupils
• Has excellent organisational skills and up to date knowledge of relevant
• Leading the planning and delivery of teaching in the Retreat. Directed
teaching time 0.4 (a combination of Retreat/Interventions/Cover).
Designated teacher for LAC
• Leading the provision for special educational needs and disabilities
• Lead Wellbeing for staff and pupils
• Monitor student progress through the use of Learning Support Plans,
standardised assessments, interventions software and other school-wide
assessment data to ensure that appropriate intervention strategies that
raise overall standards are implemented
• To ensure staff are kept informed of pupils special educational needs
• Create/Manage/Implement effective plans of action to support
underachievement including vulnerable children and children on the pupil
• Chair annual review meetings, deputising for the Inclusion Lead where
• Liaise with Inclusion Lead, Deputy SENDCo, Head of KS1/KS2, Class
Teachers, Learning Support staff and parents about students with SEND
and, where necessary, referring students to the appropriate external
agencies for further support
• Monitoring the curriculum ensuring that the curriculum is accessible
• Advise and guide learning to support the Inclusion Team, Class Teacher
and HLTA’s/Teaching assistants of the needs of students with SEND of
suitable methods and strategies to remediate these needs. This may
include the modelling of good practice or support with planning and review
• Be responsible for relevant SEN administration with the Local Authority
and other outside agencies as directed by the Inclusion lead including the
administration of EHC plans through the annual review process
• Support Inclusion Lead in the line management of the Inclusion team
(Deputy SENDCo and Inclusion Teaching Assistant), Higher Level
Teaching Assistants and Teaching Assistants to include their annual
appraisal and CPD.
As a valued member of staff at Meadowside Primary School we offer opportunities to develop skills, CPD, support from a strong team of dedicated professionals and interaction with fantastic children and staff.
A full job description and person specification along with an application form is available from firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal conversation about this role please call and ask to speak to Mia Lewis, Deputy Head.
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Monday 27th January 2020
Interviews will take place on Friday 31st January 2020 AM – times to be advised
Start date: ASAP
Meadowside Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and young people. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including a Barred List and Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.