Impington Village College (IVC)
Teacher of English (Key Stage 3-5)
Required: September 2020
Salary: IVC Main Scale – Currently £24,373 - £33,010
IVC Upper Pay Scale - Currently £35,971 - £40,490
Join East Anglia’s “State Secondary School of the Year”
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UK’s leading comprehensive schools, recently ranked third nationally in the Sunday Times’ ParentPower publication. Due to the continued expansion of the College, we are looking to recruit an outstanding and passionate Teacher of English. NQTs are very welcome, and will be nurtured and developed with an exemplary support package.
Impington Village College has achieved consistently excellent outcomes for the last four years. With a truly comprehensive intake, student progress is regularly in the top 5% of all non-selective schools in the country. Student attainment is exceptionally high, with 15% of all grades at Grade 9, 43% at 7-9 (or equivalent) and 85% of grades at 4-9. You will also be joining the College as it embeds a transformed curriculum, innovative and unique in the state sector, and built around our status as an IB World School. The College has also received a number of other national accolades, including the Gold Carnegie Medal for its work in supporting mental health and wellbeing, and SSAT Awards for progress, attainment and curriculum design.
English outcomes at IVC are consistently among the highest nationally for both attainment and progress. In the first three years of the reformed GCSEs, the English results have been exceptional; around 10% of students achieved Grade 9s and over 40% achieved at least a Grade 7, with nearly 90% achieving at least a Grade 4. This post also offers the opportunity to teach at IB level, where English is a core part of the Diploma Programme for all students, and where outcomes are well in excess of the national and international averages.
You will be joining an innovative, collaborative and dynamic faculty where staff are highly committed to professional development, engaging with the latest pedagogical research and to developing students' love of English. There will be numerous opportunities to continue developing your teaching practice, through connections a range of in-house and external CPD programmes. You will be well supported in the faculty by a number of highly experienced colleagues, including three Specialist Leaders in Education and four Lead Practitioners.
With your knowledge and passion for English you will have the opportunity to build upon the successful curriculum embedded at IVC and deliver a high quality learning experience to our inspirational students.
In return IVC and the Morris Education Trust (MET) can offer you:
• reduced contact time for all teachers to facilitate professional learning/reduce workload, with a further reduction for new staff as part of our induction programme and an extensive support package for NQTs
• the opportunity to teach all key stages including the International Baccalaureate in our Sixth Form
• the opportunity to work for a faculty where collaboration is a high priority and the programme of professional learning is outstanding
• excellent career pathway opportunities with a culture of looking to promote from within, including responsibility across the Trust
• access to the opportunities created by our newly established Morris Teaching School Alliance, where IVC is the Lead School
• support to undertake a Masters in Education through our links with Cambridge University, the “SUPER Programme” and other L5 accredited providers
• support in an organisation where wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and which has led to the introduction of a successful wellbeing directory to improve wellbeing and work-life balance
• subsidised access to the MET’s sports centre leisure facilities available for use before, during and after the school day
The MET is committed to Equal Opportunities and to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to employment checks and a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing Date: 10am Monday 24 February
An application pack is available from our website www.impington.cambs.sch.uk. Applicants must complete a College application form - we cannot accept CVs. If you require any further information please contact Mrs Valerie Hastings, PA to the Principal and Vice Principal by email email@example.com