Deputy Headteacher with responsibility for Curriculum and Learning, Pupil Premium and Raising Standards
Pay Scale L09 - L15
Shirley Community Primary School is looking to appoint a new Deputy Headteacher from September 2020. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to develop themselves as a leader and make a significant difference to our whole school community.
We are ambitious for all of our pupils to reach their potential, develop a love of learning and leave our school with the skills and learning behaviours to be highly successful in life. Are you the person to help take us forward?
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent classroom practitioner
- An enthusiastic and ambitious leader who aspires to Headship, with good experience of successfully leading on whole school improvement
- A reflective person who can inspire and lead others to bring about necessary change for the benefit of children
- Someone with an interest in developing behaviour for learning using innovative methods, who wants to build on our creative curriculum and who is keen to develop themselves in a vibrant and diverse learning environment
- A ‘can do’ person who enjoys the challenge and excitement of education in 2020
You will be joining a highly inclusive place of learning in a happy and positive school environment. As an important member of the school’s Senior Leadership Team, you will have strategic responsibility for key aspects of school improvement, linked to your strengths and the needs of the school. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a school with huge potential, and to make a real difference in many ways.
We will be able to offer you:
- Motivated children who are keen to do well
- A wonderful learning environment in a purpose-built school since 2011
- Skilled, professional and highly committed staff who have the best interests of children at heart
- A community school which works very closely and positively with parents
- A highly supportive Governing Body
- Opportunities for high quality professional development and career progression
The position is full time and will involve the majority of time outside of class, developing learning, leadership and bringing forward whole school improvement, with an element of class teaching on a regular basis.
Shirley Community Primary is situated in north Cambridge, 10 minutes’ walk away from Cambridge North Station, which is on the main trainline between Kings Lynn and London. We are also within easy access of the A10, A14 and M11 roads.
School Tour dates: Friday 14th February and Thursday 27th February: 9:15 to 10:15 a.m.
Please contact the school office and ask to speak to Mrs Jo Bouttell, the School Business Manager, to book a time – alternatively email us at email@example.com
Application letters to be addressed to Mr John Cattermole, Headteacher, at our school address or the email address above, along with a completed application form. No CVs please. Please base your application on the attached person specification and job description.
Deadline for applications: 4:00 p.m. – Monday 9th March
Shortlisting: morning of Tuesday 10th March. Interviewees contacted afternoon of 10th.
Recruitment Day: Friday 20th March
Shirley Community Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, parents and volunteers to actively share this commitment. All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
School website: http://www.shirley.cambs.sch.uk