Fulbourn is a popular and growing primary school, operating at the heart of the village community. The Caretaker will live on-site in a two bedroom house with highly subsidised rent and work in the school providing caretaking and site management support to the school. Further details of the role are available in the job description.
The role is full time (37 hours per week) for 52 weeks of the year. Working hours include a morning shift (starting at 7:30am) and an afternoon shift (ending at 6pm). The hours may be irregular and some on-call work is required.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience of caretaking and site management.
• Experience of working in an educational environment.
• An ability to deal with problems and emergencies in a calm and professional manner.
• A knowledge and understanding of health & safety, site security, COSHH, etc.
• An ability to carry out minor repairs.
• An understanding of ICT and good communication skills.
• A desire to work in a thriving school community ensuring the physical environment of the school is conducive to learning.
We can offer:
• A two-bedroom house in the centre of Fulbourn village with a highly subsidised rent;
• A happy school with enthusiastic, well-behaved pupils;
• A good school, ready to become outstanding;
• A friendly and supportive staff team and governing body;
• A creative learning environment;
• An opportunity to develop professionally, whatever your starting point.
Visits to the school would be warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment or to request an application pack. firstname.lastname@example.org
In line with safer recruitment practices, application forms rather than CVs will be used during the selection process, although we would also like you to include a personal letter of application. Fulbourn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post that you are applying for is subject to an enhanced DBS check. If successful in being invited to interview, the process will include questions regarding the safeguarding of children.
Closing date for applications: Friday 6th March at midday
Interviews anticipated on: Wednesday 11th March