Permanent full-time Class Teacher (Main scale)
Start date: Friday 17th April (or as soon as possible)
This post presents a fantastic opportunity for you to join our successful and happy village school. In September 2018, Ofsted judged us to be a ‘Good’ school, stating that “Throughout their time at school, pupils appreciate their teachers and teaching assistants, who they describe as ‘calm and helpful’. Pupils are happy, friendly and polite”.
Initially, this post is to teach in Year 1, at least until the end of this academic year. There may be some flexibility with this from September 2020 in order for us to appoint the strongest candidate possible.
We welcome applications from both experienced teachers and NQTs.
We are looking for a teacher who can:
• Plan creative and stimulating lessons
• Foster a sense of curiosity amongst children
• Provide energy, inspiration and create a ‘thirst for learning’
• Demonstrate a positive mind-set and a ‘can do’ approach
You will be:
• An excellent teacher, passionate about teaching and learning, with high expectations of achievement and behaviour
• Aspirational, both for yourself and the children you teach
• Supportive of our Church School ethos
In return, we can offer:
• Delightful children who are eager to learn
• Welcoming and helpful colleagues
• A supportive Leadership Team and Governing Body
• A strong partnership with parents and the wider community
• A place where you can thrive and grow – whatever stage you are in your career
Visits to the school and a discussion with the Headteacher are warmly welcomed.
A job description and application form can be downloaded from the school website. www.castorschool.co.uk. Alternatively, contact the school office on 01733 380280. Please return completed application forms and covering letter to Nick Brompton, Headteacher by 9am on Monday 24th February. Interviews will take place during the week beginning 24th February.
Castor C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding children and all posts are subject to satisfactory references and Enhanced DBS checks. Posts are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and do require a criminal records check. Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them.
School website: http://www.castorschool.co.uk