Potton Lower School and Potton Middle School are part of the Potton Federation, formed in September 2015, to provide seamless, outstanding education for pupils from 4 through to 13 years.
At the Potton Federation we strive to ensure all of our children achieve their full social, moral and academic potential. We endeavour to create a wonderful environment that is innovative, stimulating and inspiring for children and staff alike.
We are currently looking to recruit an outstanding candidate who is an exemplary SEND practitioner/Teacher/leader. The right candidate will have the opportunity to make a significant and positive impact on the school, and someone who;
• Holds the National Award for SEN Co-ordination, or be willing to undertake this qualification, and hold QTS.
• Has high expectations of children’s attainment, progress, behaviour and emotional well-being.
• Understands, and can implement the SEND Code of Practice.
• Has experience of working with children with a range of individual needs.
• Has the ability to plan and evaluate interventions in order to gain the best outcomes for SEN pupils.
• Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Has practical knowledge of the EHCP process.
• Has high expectations of their own achievements and development, both professionally and personally.
• Has experience of writing referrals and dealing with external agencies to secure the best SEN provision available for pupils.
• Has excellent organisational skills and up to date knowledge of relevant legislation.
As a valued member of staff at The Potton Federation, we offer opportunities to develop skills, CPD, support from a strong team of dedicated professionals and interaction with fantastic children and staff.
A full job description and person specification along with an application form please visit our school website at www.pottonfederation.co.uk
The Potton Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment safer recruiting checks including but not limited to a Criminal Record Check and an enhanced DBS.
Diversity and Equality
The Potton Federation is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. Standards of conduct are expected to be of the highest level to ensure that no-one is harassed, bullied or victimised.
No job applicant, temporary worker or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender and transgender status, race and ethnicity, religion and belief (including no belief), marriage or civil partnership status or sexual orientation.
For an informal conversation about this role please call our school office on 01767 260239 and ask to speak to Cathy Smart, Executive Headteacher. Visits to the schools are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Interview Date: Interviews will be organised with candidates individually
School website: http://www.pottonfederation.co.uk