Class Teacher Vacancies
Dates: Apply by 5pm on Wednesday 23 April 2020
Start: September 2020
Salary: Main Scale + SEN
Location: Heltwate, North Bretton, Peterborough PE3 8RL
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Interviews: Week commencing 11 May 2020
Due to our continuing expansion Heltwate School is looking to recruit more creative and highly-motivated practitioners to contribute to the teaching and learning of pupils with SEND and autism.
Heltwate caters for pupils across the primary and secondary age range who have been identified as having severe learning difficulties. Heltwate encourages pupils to do the best they can to achieve their potential in a safe, supportive and calm environment by a team who supports them throughout their time here.
We would welcome applications from experienced or recently qualified teachers with primary or secondary training. The ideal candidates will:
• have experience of teaching children with SEND, in either primary or
• have high expectations of pupil behaviour, attitudes and achievement;
• enjoy teaching an innovative, creative and integrated curriculum which
supports pupils who require a multi-sensory approach;
• be enthusiastic, confident and able to show initiative;
• be flexible and adaptable team player with excellent communication and
• be able to effectively liaise with other professionals and external agencies
and can work effectively as part of a team ;
• have a friendly manner with a good sense of humour;
• be calm and patient;
• show evidence that they can form positive and professional relationships
with pupils, staff and parents;
• have good interpersonal skills and enjoy being part of a supportive team;
• be committed to high quality teaching, learning and assessment.
The opportunities for further professional development and training would enable the successful candidates to progress in their career.
Please visit our website for school information. Application packs can be downloaded from our website: www.heltwate.co.uk Visits to the school to meet our pupils and staff are welcomed and encouraged. To make arrangements please contact the school office: 01733 262878.
Completed applications should be returned to the postal address or via email to Mrs Leigh Bowes, Headteacher’s PA: email@example.com
Heltwate School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in its care and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to the receipt of two satisfactory references and an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
School website: http://www.heltwate.co.uk