Required as soon as possible
Monday to Friday - 10 hours per week term time only.
Level 2 scale IC pt 2 -3 - £4080 per annum
7.15am to 8.15am
6.00pm to 7.00pm
These times may need to be flexible
We are looking for someone to provide an effective caretaking and handyman service to the school, ensuring that the school building and grounds provide a safe working environment
Duties’ will include, but are not limited to:
- security of the school building and grounds
- the opening up and locking of the premises during term time, including that of
the extended school provision & lettings
- day to day maintenance of the premises and its furniture, such as minor
plumbing and carpentry, changing light bulbs, unblocking drains/gulley’s,
replacing door furniture etc.
- routine inspections of windows, blinds, carpet and any fixtures and fittings,
and repair as required.
- to undertake activities to maintain safe and clean external environments, e.g.
gritting, clearing snow, sweeping path ways to ensure outside is free from
- to keep drains free from obstructions
- empty outside litter bins, disposal of rubbish and keeping the bin area clean
and tidy. Ensuring that bins a left out for collection.
It is expected that the successful candidate has handy person experience with relevant site keeping experience, a knowledge of manual handling procedures, an awareness of Health and Safety procedures. Has a good knowledge of maintenance repairs and cleaning. Is self-motivated and has the ability to relate well to children and adults
For further information or an application form please contact the school office 01638 730273 email email@example.com
Cheveley CoE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
School website: http://cheveley.cambs.sch.uk